I can't remember which song it was but I heard it while watching him play live on one of the G3 videos. It just just got me up from the computer chair to improvise. One thing lead to another and I thought of some pretty cool riffs. Since I don't have a loop pedal I usually use GP5. After a couple of loops, I decided to make a song out of it. This what I have so far from literally about two hours of tinkering the sols and riffs.

The reason for posting this song up is to see if you guys think that this is going in the right direction, or at least a recommendation for a certain direction.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Sweep funk.zip
oh sorry...its definately in the right direction. Well done man seriously
Woah that's weird, I made a riff a while back that's very very close to yours.

Anyway, not much crit to offer, what you've got is great. I loved listening to it. So whatever direction your headed in seems to be the right one to me.

Edit: All you need now is the Billy Sheehan bass solo
Last edited by icronic at Aug 14, 2008,
you can play all that?

god, I suck.

but anyways, all I've got to say is it had me dancing. I wouldn't change a thing except to add on.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
very, very catchy indeedyo.
the quiet part in the middly needs something a little more complex ta interest it up a bit.
perhaps a slap bass solo?
or some strange guitar noises or something. or drum solo!
that would be good.
otherwise the riff gets a little tedious,
but it is still amazing.
truly impressed
Quote by icronic
Woah that's weird, I made a riff a while back that's very very close to yours.

Anyway, not much crit to offer, what you've got is great. I loved listening to it. So whatever direction your headed in seems to be the right one to me.

Edit: All you need now is the Billy Sheehan bass solo

Did you post up here with a song? I'd like to hear it. Or was it a long time ago and that thread has been deleted?
he might not have even posted it. I'm assuming he just wrote a riff. but I don't know I guess.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
That was damn awesome. Only thing I can say is, the ending sounds pretty odd. I wanted it to end at the top of that ascending lick and maybe make 2+ bends, like *pow* *pow* *pow* *pow*.
Quote by dervishguitar
Did you post up here with a song? I'd like to hear it. Or was it a long time ago and that thread has been deleted?

Nah, it was just a 12 bar loop that I made to improvise over.
Excellent. Catchy, and it's fun to play too. The rhythm guitar is nice and thick to compliment the thin melody, a great riff. I would have liked SOMETHING to happen in 33-48, maybe a bass solo or even an organ solo, I dunno. The Vainess definitely comes out in that chorus, with the weird but still groovy timing. That solo is great, a lot of stringskipping and weird intervals, and a lot of style. I really liked it, gonna try and learn it myself.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930605
The rhythm reminded me of Doom, I'm not even sure if it's anything like the Doom theme but I was definitly getting that lol like it
Quote by ealtdharkon
Well, you're an arsehole, but that tune was frikkin' sweet.

My hat goes off to you sir, but it's not one of my best hats.

(Yeah, I hold grudges, but I like to do it in a cheerful kinda way.)

Ciao.

Rob

Are you italian?

The song is amazing 10/10^^
I'm not a fan of Vai but this is really interesting
End it^^

If you want, crit the last song in my sig
R.I.P.
Chuck Schuldiner 1967-2001
Ronnie James Padavona 1942-2010
Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004
Jon Nödtveidt 1975-2006
Per Yngve Ohlin 1969-1991
Øystein Aarseth 1968-1993
Joe Ptaceck 1973-2010
Ace Börje Thomas Forsberg 1966-2004
Wow rep, that was awesome!

Everything was so well phrased, the solo was great!

The only thing I would change would be the shredding at the end of the solo, make it a little weirder, add some strange notes in there, its a bit too melodic for my liking hahaha.

If you want crit this song i did, your phrasing is soooo much better than mine :P

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993942
I play guitar =]
Quote by ealtdharkon
Capucetto rosse,
Viene viene qua.
Adesso vien il lupo,
Ti mangera.

ROSSO!!!!
MANGERà!!! XDD
Uno che capisce l'italiano^^
R.I.P.
Chuck Schuldiner 1967-2001
Ronnie James Padavona 1942-2010
Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004
Jon Nödtveidt 1975-2006
Per Yngve Ohlin 1969-1991
Øystein Aarseth 1968-1993
Joe Ptaceck 1973-2010
Ace Börje Thomas Forsberg 1966-2004
Quote by Simon Blackwing
ROSSO!!!!
MANGERà!!! XDD
Uno che capisce l'italiano^^

...well see I can't actually speak Italian, sorry.
And every time I reply to you, I'm bumping this guys thread, and he's a d*ckhead =(

If I call him nasty names, but my name calling bumps his thread so more people check out his stuff... really he should thank me?

He smells of wee. And poo. And has never washed.

Ciao!
Very nice song. The only thing I really didn't like is the 32nd notes in the main riff, but maybe that's just me. The bass was really cool, and it was solid and entertaining the whole way though.

A 10 for sure.