So, it’s time for a new amp and I would like the bass forum’s opinion.
I went down to the music shop on my lunch break to check out what they have and it appears the following 4 will do the job, plus I can get a bloody good deal on them.
I didn’t have time to play any so I will be heading down on Saturday to put them through their paces.
So, how here owns one, has played one or has any info they would like to throw my way? I'm looking for what ever background you can give me.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2315600010
Fender rumble 100

http://www.northwestguitars.com/product.aspx?p_id=257352&d_id=24140
Eden Nemesis N15S

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/bass/randall/rb-200x.htm
Randall – RB200X

http://line6.com/lowdownld175/
Line 6 Lowdown LD175

Thanks.
I have a Rumble 100. It's not a bad amp by any means. It is only 100 watts though, so it isn't terribly loud when used in a gig/practice setting.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
cant go wrong with a fender rumble. we have one of those at my music club!

The eden would be good, they make great amps!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Get the fender rumble 100. I got it for my birthday a couple of days ago and i'm still getting to grips with its greatness. Although I have the 2x10 version, there isnt too much difference in sound.

Don't get the Line 6, i tried one at a store and it was awful. The manager personally came out and told me not to buy it
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

I should just type my username, since you all know im gonna recommend ashdown
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I would prolly go with the Eden or the Randall. Avoid Line 6 like the plague. I would,'t recomend the Rumble 100 either. I have it, it's not a bad amp, but after a year with it, I've noticed a few short comings:

1. It's really not that loud.
2. The Tone is pretty Meh. It's not bad, but it can be on the bland side.
look at the acoustic b200 its cheap... i have the b100 same amp but mines 100 watts the b200 is 200... they're good, and they have a good tone... but i would say go to guitar center or a local guitar shop and try some amps out.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200-200W-1x15-w-Tweeter-Bass-Combo?sku=482902

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package?sku=483494

the 2nd one is if you want a stack
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Last edited by tbirds1013 at Aug 15, 2008,
^ Mmmmm...I love those acoustic's.
To the TS, DO NOT BUY THE LD175.
I have it, it's horrible.
go with the Randall or the Eden
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
i Played an ebs combo recently and if you can get one there great with a really nice tone cant remember which combo it was though

Quote by Captain Insano
I would prolly go with the Eden or the Randall. Avoid Line 6 like the plague. I would,'t recomend the Rumble 100 either. I have it, it's not a bad amp, but after a year with it, I've noticed a few short comings:

1. It's really not that loud.
2. The Tone is pretty Meh. It's not bad, but it can be on the bland side.

i have to agree with this. Mys ones started to distort more at lower volumes which is anying so im looking to get something bigger and better soon
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Fender '59 Bassman Reissue
Most useless post of the week?

I've only played the Line6 out of those. It's not a great amp by any standard.

In that price range I'd go for a used Peavey or Ashdown, though I hear those Nemesis amps are good. Never tried one though - I've never seen any stocked in any shop I've been to.
My school has a Rumble 100 that I play through there and personally i don't like it, don't know much about the Line 6 however played through the Randall in question and some 200-300 watt Nemesis combos and I love the tone you can get from a Nemesis, the Randall was probably a little to 'metallic' for my liking if you know what I mean plus its HUUGE.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
i have the rumble 2x100 i love it but its not very loud when your gigging, even for small ones but other than that its a good amp but yea if you even plan on gigging soon dont get the fender,
so whats your budget?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
the 45-195 wattage area is an odd spot. Its probably more then youll ever need for personal practice, but usually not nearly enough for a band. If your gonna get a new amp, you may as well save up enough for at least a 200w.

Id recommend the Kustom KBA200
Thanks for the comments people.
Well, it came down to the Eden and the Randall in the end but I went with the Randall for its 200w and more metally tone.
The Eden seemed like a more versatile amp but its 120w just wasn’t enough for what I wanted.
Why all the Line 6 hate? My teacher uses one in his teaching studio, imo it kicks ass, good effects, better than a fair few pedals I've tried, and small, good for stairs >.>
Then again, you don't get to mess around with various speaker/head combinations to find 'your sound', but for the price you could do worse.
And the casing's fibreboard, biggest downfall for me.
Currently planning on buying one used for ~£150... replacing my 35W Orange Crush, of a similar price. Now tell me it sucks >.>

Edit: Didn't finish reading, just don't like to see any brand ripped to shreds like this, enjoy your amp
And my comment is on the 300W version :p
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I think one of the complaints with the Line 6 LD stuff is that it's a modeling amp - it tries to emulate the tones and sounds of other amplifiers. So you're not really hearing the tone of your bass; you're hearing the sound of the amp's processor trying to copy another amp, sometimes more successfully than others.
I've heard the Line 6 effects Pod is a pretty good buy though, if you're into effects.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.