Alright, I searched for a few hours and couldn't find exactly what I needed. I would like someone to recommend some exercises to get me used to my guitar, I got it just yesterday. It's my first guitar and i'm terribly unexperienced and have problems getting my fingers where I want em and kepping them there. Also I have some troble with buzz, any way to fix that?

Any help is greatly appreciated, links would be nice too =)
Music is life, dont ever forget it!

Quote by theinnerpalm
this is off topic but... playing guitar can be a lose lose situation in bed for finger foreplay... long nails on one hand, callouses and peeling skin on the other
Last edited by SexualSuicide at Aug 14, 2008,
Start by trying to learn some chords to strengthen your fingers and get you used to the feel of the guitar - just start with a normal E chords for the time being and simply focus on being able to hold the chord down and strum it so that every note rings out clearly. That alone is going to take quite a while, but when you're getting comfortable with the E chord do the same with the A chord, and then D.

That'll give you 3 chords to play with and from there you can practice changing between them, again that's going to take a fair bit of time to get used to. Once you feel you can change between chords you can start looking for some simple, chord based cmpfire-type songs to help you develop your sense of rhythm and timing, if there's new chords in there just learn them as you go. After a few months the guitar should start to feel a lot less like a stupid lump of wood and you can start to branch out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
get a guitar started book. guitar one usually has good ones. once you breeze through that u'll have more of a feel on wat to learn and stuff.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Thanks everyone =D I'll give that site a look =)
Music is life, dont ever forget it!

Quote by theinnerpalm
this is off topic but... playing guitar can be a lose lose situation in bed for finger foreplay... long nails on one hand, callouses and peeling skin on the other
As for trouble with buzz, just try to correct your finger positioning, remember that you do not want to place your fingers on the actual fret itself(the metal part) but on the wood in between frets.