Aight, Im havin a giant dilema I guess.
I REALLY want to start gettin my ass in a serious band, and get rollin, ya know, practicing alot, and trying to gig... But at 17, is that to young to start with that ****?
Am I wasting my time if I do?.. Should I like wait or somthing? I really wanna start, but somtimes I wonder if its too soon to be serious about a band, cuz I cant drive yet, and I really wouldent know where to the hell to start when it comes to gigging..

Someone of greater wisdom then my own guide me!
what's wrong with having fun?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
so join a band with someone that can drive?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
can't drive at 17? where the **** do u live?

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
can't drive at 17? where the **** do u live?

haha i know right, but im 17 and play in a band and its fun
If you're good enough, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Even if you guys aren't good, go have fun.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
dude billy joe armstrong from green day released his first album with mike dirnt and trey cool when he was 17!!!
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by DiveRightIn63
If you're good enough, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Even if you guys aren't good, go have fun.

Key.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
dude billy joe armstrong from green day released his first album with mike dirnt and trey cool when he was 17!!!

but that's Green Day.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Quote by grifff
haha i know right, but im 17 and play in a band and its fun

you sound like ms. lohan from mean girls.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
im 16 musics my life
going to tafe next year for music

its never to soon the more you practise the better you'll get
well thats what i reckon
Quote by Saffron_Inferno

O damn! I was gonna say go for it, but after reading that, maybe you should wait lol Just kiddin
Dude there's nothing wrong with that. I was playing shows almost weekly when i had barely turned 17.

You MIGHT have problems getting booked though because of your age. I recommend just practicing a lot for now at least. I can tell you from experience that the band members you have while in high school aren't always gonna stick with u.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Raijin.xiii
you sound like ms. lohan from mean girls.

haha how would you know?
I'm 17 and I pretty much manage, play, and write for my band. We have a show a weekend until early October. I can balance my time with this, and most likely you won't be doin this much work, so you should be fine as long as you have 1 or more band mates that can drive
Well Idk, sometimes I just think for some dumbass reason that EVERYTHING that I do, I need to get somthing outta it.

And its cuz uhh.. I failed all my classes, then proceeded to drop outta school, and unfortunately my mom didnt like that too much, soo she said I have to wait till Im 18 =/

But yeahh, thanks, its just I lose focus on the main reason for having a band, and that IS to have fun, I just get so wrapped up in my own lil grand scheme of things, and make it not fun...
dude, i'm in a band with 4 other guys, and all of us but one are 17, and our drummer is 18, ande're gonnatart gigging son. go for it!
Quote by Hobbs333
Well Idk, sometimes I just think for some dumbass reason that EVERYTHING that I do, I need to get somthing outta it.

And its cuz uhh.. I failed all my classes, then proceeded to drop outta school, and unfortunately my mom didnt like that too much, soo she said I have to wait till Im 18 =/

But yeahh, thanks, its just I lose focus on the main reason for having a band, and that IS to have fun, I just get so wrapped up in my own lil grand scheme of things, and make it not fun...

Was this a surprise to you?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Hobbs333

Well what the hell else are you spending all your time doing?
I've been jamming with a drummer down the street sense we were 8 and now we're 16 and 17 and playing small shows. But all 5 people in our band can drive, are in school, and have jobs, so it may be different from your situation.
I'm 16, I play in a gigging band.

Actually we play with a band all the time that are mad good that are mostly 14 and 15 year olds. One's even 13.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Trivium!
I've been jamming with a drummer down the street sense we were 8 and now we're 16 and 17 and playing small shows. But all 5 people in our band can drive, are in school, and have jobs, so it may be different from your situation.

ive only been able to drive for less than a month, and me and my band have been gigging frequently, mind you they are all 3+ years older than i, so they can drive me obviously