Everyone is always saying stuff like "America should GTFO of everyone's business" and similar stuff.

And then I come on and see threads and posts asking if we're gonna fight for Georgia or Russia.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I get it!!! What do you want from us...like U.S. Haha....Epic combo.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I get it!!! What do you want from us...like U.S. Haha....Epic combo.

I thought the same thing as I typed it :P
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
honestly, its their own affair, and if anything, we should side with South Ossetia because they were invaded by Georgia
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I think we should stay the **** out of it
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Because the world holds the U.S. to a double standard. When we go to war, it's a terrible horrible thing (Iraq) but when we stay in our country and don't do a thing we are essentially looked at as criminals (Sudan).
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
honestly, its their own affair, and if anything, we should side with South Ossetia because they were invaded by Georgia

South Ossetia is still internationally recognized as part of Georgia. Their independence was an internal Georgian affair until recently.
Oh Shit!
why cant america do something about wat china's doing to tibet and wat Zimbabwe's doing to its own people?
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by catchy phrase
South Ossetia is still internationally recognized as part of Georgia. Their independence was an internal Georgian affair until recently.

well **** taht!

intermnationally recognized...

If they want independence, they should have it

whjy was it ok for us to break away from England, but not ok 4 them?

and by no means am i siding with russia, they should have stayed out, and only had indirect involvement
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
why cant america do something about wat china's doing to tibet and wat Zimbabwe's doing to its own people?

Because if they do, then the rest of the world will bitch and moan about how we should mind our own business until they personally need our help again.
Quote by Saffron_Inferno

cuz they do what benefits them the most

why cant the UK do it?
why cant France or Germany or Russia?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
cuz they do what benefits them the most

why cant the UK do it?
why cant France or Germany or Russia?

And what benefits us the most is to keep on the countries you listed good side. This means that we stay out of world affairs until someone attacks France or the UK. Then we will be called into action a government just as hypocritical as our own...

sorry but I really hate the way the united states are viewed around the world when other countries of similar wealth and stature are just as bad (or good depending on how you look at it) as our own
I personally think we should just stay out of other peoples affairs, let whoever wants to blow the **** out of each other, do it, and tend to the problems we are having at home.

God, I hate America sometimes.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I (as an American) think we SHOULD get out of everyone's problems unless it becomes a problem for us personally (see World War 2).

However, alot of the world's problems today DO affect us in some way, so that pretty much means that by my standards we will be in everyone's business anyway. I hate the whole "America has to save the rest of the world!" mentality most of our leaders have, if you're gonna interfere in a problem at least make sure it'll have an effect on the rest of the people. Also, make sure there is an actual problem that exists *cough*weaponsofmassdestruction*cough*.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
What is to hate about America. We have it so much better off than some of the world and i don't need ignorant pricks who think they know whats going on telling me how much America sucks.

*I do not claim to know what's going on, but I may still be an arrogant opinionated prick :P
Quote by MyNameIsLame
I (as an American) think we SHOULD get out of everyone's problems unless it becomes a problem for us personally (see World War 2).

However, alot of the world's problems today DO affect us in some way, so that pretty much means that by my standards we will be in everyone's business anyway. I hate the whole "America has to save the rest of the world!" mentality most of our leaders have, if you're gonna interfere in a problem at least make sure it'll have an effect on the rest of the people. Also, make sure there is an actual problem that exists *cough*weaponsofmassdestruction*cough*.

The only problem with waiting until it's our problem is that nowadays with the weapons available, by the time it's a problem for us, it could be too late and thousands are dead. And the whole Iraq thing may be looked at as a horrible thing, as any war should be, but I'm sure people would be a lot more pissed if they did have nukes and we found out about it the hard way.

Plus, people complain that we don't do anything about the genocide happening in certain countries of Africa, but what is the difference in Iraq? If you heard or saw some of the things that Saddam has done I think you may change your mind. If not, it may mean that you are a hypocritical person who is a sheep just like everyone else and is led by the media.

Sorry for the rant but some things need to be said.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
Quote by KWAL562
The only problem with waiting until it's our problem is that nowadays with the weapons available, by the time it's a problem for us, it could be too late and thousands are dead. And the whole Iraq thing may be looked at as a horrible thing, as any war should be, but I'm sure people would be a lot more pissed if they did have nukes and we found out about it the hard way.

Plus, people complain that we don't do anything about the genocide happening in certain countries of Africa, but what is the difference in Iraq? If you heard or saw some of the things that Saddam has done I think you may change your mind. If not, it may mean that you are a hypocritical person who is a sheep just like everyone else and is led by the media.

Sorry for the rant but some things need to be said.

I LOVE YOU
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Same to you buddy, same to you. *Sniffs*
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
I think people say that because they're frustrated. Since being in office the current United States government has waded in to the affairs of other countries under the pretense of establishing democracy across the world while actually pursuing their own goals (the Taliban had been well established in Afghanistan for years without any U.S intervention).

The people you're talking about aren't crying out for the US to become more involved in foreign affairs, they're attempting to point out that so far the Bush administration seems to only step in when they can benefit from the situation.
Here's your problem:
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Everyone is always saying stuff like "America should GTFO of everyone's business" and similar stuff.
Everyone? Who do you think is "everyone"?
Quote by DiveRightIn63
And then I come on and see threads and posts asking if we're gonna fight for Georgia or Russia.
Do you think it's likely that these are the same people as "everyone"?
Quote by DiveRightIn63
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?
Nothing!
Quote by Incesticide
I think we should stay the **** out of it

+10000000
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

Because Georgia didn't attack Russia provoking the attack.. or anything like that.........

America is THE world power so they're kind of obligated to help control global affairs. While I agree it's non of our business and we should stay the hell out of these conflicts.. it'd be worse if a country got annihilated and we did nothing about it.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!