Page 1 of 4
Discuss why you love or hate those Above the Influence commercials and which ones your favorite/most-hated ones are.

I personally abhor them and think that the organizers have no idea what they are talking about. I barely watch the television, maybe an hour a week, and can't go through that hour without having to sit through one or two of these horrid commercials.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
They're just a bunch of anit-drug propaganda thats not even accurate with their information.
uhhhh, yea
I believe the "anti-drug" commercial producers smoke quite a bit themselves
being hired by tobacco companies to make anything illegal by the governments "standards" seem insane, so people will buy more into the legal side

abovetheignorance.com
Quote by mercedesisbenz
makes me reach for my pot.

This.

And laugh. Or shake my head in disgust.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
when i first saw that one, i was like...shes doin way more than weed if she can hear her dog talk to her...
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by DarkDude110
They're just a bunch of anit-drug propaganda thats not even accurate with their information.

It makes me really angry when I watch them, like throwing the remote at the television. I know a lot of people will believe that bull.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLtVsRXGnI

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought you can do drugs and still have a successful music career.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I like the one where the chick melts into the sofa. That's some ****in chronic right there lol. So they're trying to tell me I'm gonna trip balls like I'm on shrooms or lsd if I smoke some mj...? please...
i would ask the makers to make commercials about heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. things that have shown to actually uproot communities, relationships and lives.

they need to stop the lies.

weed. its like getting kicked in the shin by a mule.... only it feels really really good
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by darkstar2466
It makes me really angry when I watch them, like throwing the remote at the television. I know a lot of people will believe that bull.

Same, it pisses me off really.
uhhhh, yea
Quote by bjovi400
when i first saw that one, i was like...shes doin way more than weed if she can hear her dog talk to her...

Yeah I gotta find out what strain she's been smoking...
I wonder where they get the pot that's used in these commercials (though I've only seen a few older ones that actually had weed in them).

At any rate, I find most of them to be pretty trippy. A bit ironic, that.
By the way, the one with the dog....

Rather contradictory, considering, the idea is tell everyone not to smoke weed, yet, to comprehend everything going on in the video, you have to be stoned....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by spiderjerusalem
i would ask the makers to make commercials about heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. things that have shown to actually uproot communities, relationships and lives.

they need to stop the lies.

weed. its like getting kicked in the shin by a mule.... only it feels really really good

That's a horrible one. Who in their right mind would do that? How can a person with an intelligence greater than a two year old even compare smoking marijuana with voluntarily getting kicked by a mule...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
the illegality of marijuana cointributes more to crime than anything else
drug wars are rampant
kids who get jailed for weed end up learning how to commit more crimes in jail and turn to harder stuff IN JAIL, mind you, not outside
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
they're good for laughs when i'm watching tv high.

other than that, i hate them. it's one thing to have a commercial that is against drug use, but to fill it with flat out lies just defeats the purpose. the sad thing is, they could put the most ridiculous bull**** and made up facts that they could possibly come up with, and some people will STILL believe it. it's on tv, the government says it's bad, they wouldn't lie to me! i wish people would just wake the fuck up and see that it isn't that bad for you at all. i mean, the fact that it has been approved for MEDICINAL USE should be enough to show people. it's used as medicine! healing people!

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I love them because they're hilarious. I hate them, because I don't think there's anything wrong with smoking marijuana, even though I don't do it myself.
I love the one were the kid keeps buying weed, and eventually, he builds a giant weed cocoon. He then steps into the cocoon, time passes, and when he steps out, he's old, fat, bald, and still living with his mom. Because obviously that's what pot does.

That commercial is probably the most unintentionally funny think I have ever seen on television.
they have the opposite affect..
wasted money which they could be using to help homeless people or something

i'm in AUS so i havent seen this one
got a youtube link for the vid?
I like them cuz i find them hilarious.

haha
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I just laugh and keep smoking my weed.

I'm glad...I hope everything believes it.

Leaves all the pot for me...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I think the funniest one is the one where the girl's dog talks to her about weed. I always laugh because I imagine her just standing there thinking "Woah that was some good weed."
Sure, they're pretty stupid. But, a lot of my pothead friends always say how stupid they are, but act just like the people in the ads do.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It would make more sense to be fighting harder drugs, like meth and crack and all that other stuff. The drugs that cause much bigger problems than weed. The drugs that actually cause crime. The drugs that actually do things to people.

But, it's the media. They are going to fight marijuana because it's good for ratings. And if we didn't have coke and meth, what would be the point of watching cops? Or hearing about the next drug-crazed murderer?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by CrucialGutchman
I love the one were the kid keeps buying weed, and eventually, he builds a giant weed cocoon. He then steps into the cocoon, time passes, and when he steps out, he's old, fat, bald, and still living with his mom. Because obviously that's what pot does.

That commercial is probably the most unintentionally funny think I have ever seen on television.

the kid in that commercial goes to my school.

huge pothead! lol
Most anti-drug commercials are stupid or educational, I never knew cocaine and weed was called juicy until a commercial. Thanks for helping me tell my dealer what I want.
I love them because they paved the way for funny spoofs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i hate the 'lindsay' one. first off, dogs don't talk. second, if someone told someone to stop smoking weed, or thought that you shouldn't, that person is not gonna stop smoking, but rather laugh in their face.

but i do like those 'magical amount' and it must've been a typo' commercials. they are so damn catchy.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Abovetheinfluence.com
What is it?
Marijuana has a chemical in it called tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC. A lot of other chemicals are found in marijuana, too—about 400 of them, some of which are carcinogenic.

Risks

Pot affects a user’s judgment, motor coordination, and short-term memory. Weed can cause increased heart rate and make some users extremely anxious or paranoid. Smoking marijuana also causes some changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term use of cocaine and heroin.

Research found that students with an average grade of “D” or below were more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the past year as students who reported an average grade of “A.” Students who have smoked marijuana within the past year are more than twice as likely to have cut class than those who did not smoke, while health problems associated with using marijuana can keep students from attending school due to illness.

Regular marijuana users often have shortened attention spans, decreased energy and ambition, poor judgment, high distractibility, and impaired ability to communicate and relate to others. Young people who use marijuana weekly have double the risk of depression later in life.

-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
the illegality of marijuana cointributes more to crime than anything else
drug wars are rampant
kids who get jailed for weed end up learning how to commit more crimes in jail and turn to harder stuff IN JAIL, mind you, not outside

This is very true.
Weed is a gateway drug. Not because people want a better high, but because nacros (drug-traffickers and dealers) don't make enough money off it. So they sell "harder" merchandise (i.e. coke, crack, meth). This merchandise is in close-quarters with weed and isn't too hard to find.
Idk about you, but if there is other stuff to buy aside from the usual, I'm more tempted to buy it, for the sake of experimenting.
I know that's not always the case, but it happens often enough to make an impact.
Page 1 of 4