Ok so here's the deal. I was going to buy a parkwood 320m (which I really like) for $700 AU, but the other day my dad lost my $180 AU sunglasses, so he's claiming them on travel insurance.

So my question is, do you know of any guitars that are greatly better than my beloved parky for $180 AU more?

Keep in mind that guitars are still expensive in Australia compared to in the U.S.A. even with the high exchange rate.

So if I go by musicians friend for all you Americans, is there a better guitar for about $660 US?

Cheers.

Edit: I has had an awesome idea. I'll use the extra cashola to buy a pickup for it. My teacher mentioned a type of pickup that went under the bridge but wasn't a piezo.
I think the brand name started with H. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Aug 14, 2008,
As a fellow ozzie, get a Maton mate. $ for $ they are better value than anything imported and our woods are fantastic [even Martin import Maton necks and woods for their top models]. If you can't afford a Maton, get a Yamaha.

No import duty on Matons either.
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by Akabilk
As a fellow ozzie, get a Maton mate. $ for $ they are better value than anything imported and our woods are fantastic [even Martin import Maton necks and woods for their top models]. If you can't afford a Maton, get a Yamaha.

No import duty on Matons either.

I do love Matons, but I want an orchestra sized acoustic. Mini matons don't appeal to me and I can't afford a small bodied one.

Besides, this parkwood is a freak and my guitar teacher is getting me $180 off RRP.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I haven't ever owned one so I can't say anything about long term quality/reliability... but I have played several of this parkwood model in shops and they sound really awesome for the price. I'd say if you were already in love with the guitar, go ahead and get it. Why not replace your sunglasses with the extra cash?