I wouldn't worry about it. People who stay in school for sixth form don't have the social and life skills that you earn at college.

Schools actually work hard at creating this image of sixth form being better, because they get more money the more sixth form kids they have.
Quote by smb
I wouldn't worry about it. People who stay in school for sixth form don't have the social and life skills that you earn at college.

Schools actually work hard at creating this image of sixth form being better, because they get more money the more sixth form kids they have.

This.

I stayed on for 6th form in my school.

Worst decision I've made so far.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by smb

it is true. hey, im grouchy when i wake up, so having this slapped in my face (io meant the bnews, not your comment smb) from the moment i wake is gonna annoy me.
woah i was born in the isle of wight. it was boring.... during the winter season nothing happened. this was like 10 years ago though. how is it now?
I'm in college and yet have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm guessing this is an outside-of-America thing?
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by SlicedBread
woah i was born in the isle of wight. it was boring.... during the winter season nothing happened. this was like 10 years ago though. how is it now?

exactely the same brother. exactely the same. except we have platform one now, which is killing the local music scene by pushing out commercilised student bands for the scene. whats your story?
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

yea, your college is not the same as ours.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

im thinking sixth form is maybe comprable to a masters dgree here? ****, us americans are ignorant.
Quote by kaizerkhan13
im thinking sixth form is maybe comprable to a masters dgree here? ****, us americans are ignorant.
no sixth form is 16-18 year olds.
Quote by kaizerkhan13

from wiki:
(UK)

college:In general use, a college is an institution between secondary school and university, either a sixth form college or a college of further education and adult education which were usually called technical colleges. Recently, however, with the phasing out of polytechnical colleges the term has become less clear-cut.

6th form:A sixth form college is an educational institution in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong or Malta where students aged 16 to 19 typically study for advanced school-level qualifications, such as A-levels.
Students at sixth form college typically study for two years (known as Years 12 and 13, Years 13 and 14 in Northern Ireland and/or lower sixth and upper sixth). Many students sit AS exams at the end of the first year, and A-level exams at the end of the second. In addition, in recent years a variety of vocational courses have been added to the curriculum.

most 6th forms are just extensions of school.
(continued)

america: college:In American English, the word, in contrast to its many and varied British meanings, often refers to liberal arts colleges that provide education primarily at the undergraduate level. It can also refer to schools which offer a vocational, business, engineering, or technical curriculum. The term can either refer to both a self-contained institution that has no graduate studies or to the undergraduate school of a full university (i.e., that also has a graduate school). In popular American usage, the word "college" is the generic term for any post-secondary undergraduate education. Americans go to "college" after high school, regardless of whether the specific institution is formally a college or a university, and the word and its derivatives are the standard terms used to describe the institutions and experiences associated with American post-secondary undergraduate education.

Colleges vary in terms of size, degree, and length of stay. Two-year colleges offer the Associates degree (A.A.) and four-year colleges offer the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Sciences (B.S.) degree. These are usually primarily undergraduate institutions, although some might have limited programs at the graduate level.

but high school for the yanks is two years longer then ours. we get the choice to quit, go to 6th form or go to college.
Quote by slann101
y is the pit so quiet todaY?
Because it's early morning?
Quote by smb
Because it's early morning?

Depending where you are.

But it does seem slightly quieter than normal.

Is nice.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by slann101
its 9:55 am where i am up! its not early!
I don't know about your lifestyle, but being up at ten as I am now feels hideously early to me.
Quote by metacarpi
Depending where you are.

But it does seem slightly quieter than normal.

Is nice.

i disagree....i want it to kick off.
I tried really hard buddy but I don't really get the ultimate point of the opening post.
Quote by Jackolas
I tried really hard buddy but I don't really get the ultimate point of the opening post.

thats kl. basicly, i was ranting about how,in the uk or atleast my area, the council and goverment basicly shun us college studnets and will not give us the time of day while they regually pat the 6th formers on the back.

plus a small commentry on the social effect in the teen peer group on the iow.

i know, im an angry person.
You should move here, I don't think there are any schools that carry on to 6th form. Only colleges.
They like college students in America Course that'd be considered University for you, and it's mostly because most of our population at this point are High School dropouts...

But still, good for me!
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by smb

This is totally true, i went and did my Alevels at a college specifically for this reason.

Unfortunately i had to move to a sixthform to do my A2s and trust me, the people there...so immature and still stuck in "school mode". So dont worry, you've gained more by going to college.
Agreed with SMB and Mask_Of_Terror, 100%.

Besides who wants to be stuck in school, surrounded by little ****s who have to be there?

Complete no brainer if you ask me.
I went to Sixth Form for one year of A-levels, and College for the other, and I'm so bloody glad I did. College was probably the most fun time of my life, even better than University has been so far.

And Sixth Form was just horribly ****.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by Jackolas
Agreed with SMB and Mask_Of_Terror, 100%.

Besides who wants to be stuck in school, surrounded by little ****s who have to be there?

Complete no brainer if you ask me.

definately. especially on the immature point. they act mature...but their still at school?!?
I couldn't imagine anything worse than being in school for any time longer than you absolutely had to..
Quote by slann101

and the 6th formers themselves: they look down at us. they act like we're below them and deserve sympathy. they cant be seen with us. and i find that upsetting, as they used to be my friends.

Seriously, forget about them. If they treat you like this they are not worth getting upset about. They have shown themselves to be inferior by judging you as not worthy.

Anyway, when you get to university or start work, everything is different. The people you used to know at sixth form or college will eventually phase out of your life. Only those who consider you a true friend and you consider them the same will stay in contact.

When I was at 6th form I was in a group of about 10 people. I only keep in contact with 2 of them.

All I can really say to you is: Forget them, they arent worth it, and when you get to uni or get a job, everything changes.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Seriously, forget about them. If they treat you like this they are not worth getting upset about. They have shown themselves to be inferior by judging you as not worthy.

Anyway, when you get to university or start work, everything is different. The people you used to know at sixth form or college will eventually phase out of your life. Only those who consider you a true friend and you consider them the same will stay in contact.

When I was at 6th form I was in a group of about 10 people. I only keep in contact with 2 of them.

All I can really say to you is: Forget them, they arent worth it, and when you get to uni or get a job, everything changes.

the truth ^

Quote by steee21
i thought sixth forms were the same as college?

nah, sixth forms are usually in the same school and tech subjects such as science, maths etc. colelges teach graphics, mechanics, buisness, more real life jobs and are usually set out more like a uni campus.
I did both, i went to 6th form, then a few years later i've just finished studying music at an arts college.

and tbh the college was alot better a) because they did the course i wanted to do, and b) because the people who were there, were there because they chose to be, not because there wasn't anything else to do once they finished year 11
Quote by smb
I don't know about your lifestyle, but being up at ten as I am now feels hideously early to me.

10?

Its 6am here bro
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by Bowe
I did both, i went to 6th form, then a few years later i've just finished studying music at an arts college.

and tbh the college was alot better a) because they did the course i wanted to do, and b) because the people who were there, were there because they chose to be, not because there wasn't anything else to do once they finished year 11

agreed