i have a marshall mg100 halfstack
and the distortion sound on it is compromised. but i like the way the clean channel sounds,

and i have a fender amp which has a great sounding crunchy distortion, but the clean channel cracks at volumers over 3.

is it possible to put the clean channel from the marshall into my fender amp?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
Death metal (sounds amazing through bass amp)
ibanez weeping demon
where could i get one of those?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
No offence, but you have two horrible amps there - sell them both and buy one good one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by donwuzhere69
where could i get one of those?

morley aby pedal at guitar center. its like fifty bucks. i have one and its awesome.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
As for putting the parts from one amp inside the other be really difficult to do if not impossible due to the way they are designed. The channel switching pedal will work for a little while. But neither amp is known for being reliable so your best bet is bite the bullet and find a single more reliable amp.
It would be cool to combine them in one cab. If you could isolate the preamp sections and just use the power amp from one of them... you could do it.

I don't know much about the amps in question, but some have a preamp output or effects loop. That output could be run into the power amp of the other.

I could see some ground loop issues unless they were both powered from the same supply... I guess.

Anything can be done. It's a matter of how much you can handle or how much its worth your time.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by Invader Jim
TS asks how to combine amp channels and everyone tells him how much his amps suck and to sell them and buy a new one. Never ends, does it?

Yes, because that's what's best for him - we're giving him the right answer, he just asked the wrong question.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

jims right this is starting to annoy me on this sight, bloody band wagons
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
or for about $20 buck you can build your own.
I built one except its essentially an A/b-A/b pedal where i can choose between 2 guitars and 2 amps
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Quote by rancidryan
jims right this is starting to annoy me on this sight, bloody band wagons

Bandwagon my arse.

the TS has two unreliable amps and isn't completely happy with either of them, not to mention a guitar that's not best suited to solid state amps and ultimately he wants to sound better. You could run the two together but there's no point pussyfooting around an issue if the root cause of a problem is sat there staring you in the face.

If he prefers even the Fender FM's distortion to the MG I imagine he'll be absolutely ecstatic with the sound he got out of a decent amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

pawn em both and buy a crate V50 from musician's friend right now.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Just build your own a/b/y, it's just about the simplest pedal one can make.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
just build an a/b box, i saw a schematic someone on here, its really simple, like no resistors at all, if i remember correctly.

that should work
its pretty simple, i might just build one with parts i have laying around.

EDIT: and for materials, it will be like maybe 7 bucks. just use an altoids tin with electrical tape inside for the casing, i'ved done it that way, and it seems to work.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by aaron6890
just build an a/b box, i saw a schematic someone on here, its really simple, like no resistors at all, if i remember correctly.

that should work
its pretty simple, i might just build one with parts i have laying around.

EDIT: and for materials, it will be like maybe 7 bucks. just use an altoids tin with electrical tape inside for the casing, i'ved done it that way, and it seems to work.

I +1 to this. Buy three jacks, a DPDT switch, and some wire, and pop it all in an altoids case. Pretty much the easiest pedal ever.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
so if i should just get a new amp
what should i get?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon