Hey,

I am looking for an amp that I will be able to practice with in my bedroom, as well as playing with a drummer once every 2 weeks or so.

I have a 15 watt solid state combo now, and when I crank it, it sounds like ass. I have close to the perfect tone I want right now, at lower volumes, with my GNX3 + my 15 watt practice amp, but I am looking for something that will be able to keep a good sound going into volumes that you play at when playing with a drummer.

I am looking for something that will sound like: Lamb of God, Opeth (really like Mikael's tone), Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, etc.
Crystal clear cleans aren't necessary, but do want something that will be clean at drummer volume, and not sound like ass.

What do you recommend?

EDIT: My apologies, I forgot to put a price range. Anything under $1200 Canadian would be perfect.
Last edited by pepsi_lovr at Aug 14, 2008,
Well if you like you Cube 15 but want more volume get a Cube 60. Or maybe a Flextone 3.

Otherwise if you want to go with a tube, you could get a low wattage Epi Valve Jr., Blackheart Little Giant etc, and a distortion pedal.
Valveking 112
Randall RG50TC
Traynor 50 watt tube
Laney's
Mesa 5:25
Mesa 5:50
Mesa F-30

All those are good the mesas have a switch from 5 watts to 25 or 50 depending on the amp you get so you can crank it in your bedroom and at band pratice

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Well if you're an Opeth fan you could probably find a used Laney GH50L along with a 2x12 cab used under your budget.

It wouldn't work (well) for bedroom use, but the cube will have you covered for that.
Quote by gtr_101
Valveking 112
Randall RG50TC
Traynor 50 watt tube
Laney's
Mesa 5:25
Mesa 5:50
Mesa F-30

All those are good the mesas have a switch from 5 watts to 25 or 50 depending on the amp you get so you can crank it in your bedroom and at band pratice

If the Mesa 5:50 or Mesa 5:25 has a 12 inch speaker or 2 in it you cant crank it at bedroom level. The floor tends to shake at 10 o'clock,. The main difference is a warm 5 watt class A sound for vintage stuff and the full power (25 or 50) is A/B and more modern voiced. But no you cant crank it in house really. In a jam maybe but not for bedroom practice its painful.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni