They get pretty brutal man. Death metal if you need them to.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Heh, is that without a nice OD pedal? and EQ?

I seen they have some awsome features, push/pull knobs etc and tons of LED lights plus assignable effects loop with levels and you can switch them between serial/parallel which means the Boss GT-10's Effects would sound amazing through this amp - which is a big plus for me considering the gt-10 also has a 38 second looper and the ability to record directly to pc with effects using usb.
Yep. If I remember right, K-Tre's actually sound better without an OD, not 100% on that though.

Great cleans and brilliant distortion on these heads. Very middy, but if you like a lot of mids they are great.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Ah yea, Ive seen that slipknot uses them.. Well there own version atleast. Mich Thompson claims his model adds even more mids.

I like that deep heavy sound distortion with really thumpy like palm mutes. I guess ima pick up an OD and prolly that Boss GE 7 EQ as well. + could allways turn the mids down. I havent had a chance to play with one.. going to guitar center this weekend.

What would be a good OD ped to get that kind of sound?
Last edited by Sumsin25 at Aug 14, 2008,
You know, I'm more of a scooped kind of guy but I would get the head on its own first then try some kind of 808 or a clone of one. I've heard they are better without the OD.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Ah yea thats what I ment. Ill use my gt-10s od and see how that sounds..