Page 1 of 2
< how did you bring yourself to wear them,well i know that if you get told by a doctor you need them,then you do,did you just chuck them on and say whatever.or did you umm and ahh about wearing them,worrying about what people will think,i'm in the middle,and i know i should be wearing them coz it's hard to see the blackboard sometimes.

tomorrow i'm wearing them because i don't care what people think and i'm sure that me seeing is more important then me being told i'm a four eyes... maybe people will have more respect for me if i just do it.?
a little lost.....
My experience has been that nobody gives a crap if you wear glasses, but maybe I'm just lucky?

EDIT: I'm not sure why but people tend to want to try your glasses on . More than once when a friend has tried my glasses they've realised that they can see better with them on and end up wearing glasses or contact lenses themself.
Last edited by MrP at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by Davo Ownz
how did you bring yourself to wear them

Hmm I don't know, I couldn't ****ing see without them?
Meh, I have had glasses for over a good seven or eight years now. People never really called me names or stuff. But eventually, since I found my glasses to becoming a little of a nuisance, I got myself contact lenses.

My advice, wear your glasses, just do it. Don't matter if people call you names, but if you're bothered with that, perhaps get lenses. It's your choice.
Well, considering the fact that I'd rather see then worry about whether or not people approve, I just wore them. Here's an idea, stop caring about what other people think.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
yeah haha i wish i could wear lenses but my something is flat and they dont fit my eyes,there working on fixing it and it would be great if they could,but for the meen time i;m facing it,
a little lost.....
I was a bit pissed about having to wear them..
but I found a frame a loved and no one was too bothered.
I find the 'four eyes' jokes funny
Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Don't get ones that look retarded and you'll be fine

For example, I wear thin-framed black rectangular glasses (emphasis on the thin, I'm not one of those people ), and people think I look weird WITHOUT them
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I've had glasses since I was very young, people say I look weird without glasses on. If people pick on you for wearing glasses, then they are dickheads who are probably insecure about something wrong or different with themselves (then again if you are actually affected by people picking on you for such a minor cosmetic change, then you are a pussy)
I was like 10 and I had trouble seeing the board so I went to an eye doctor and got glasses and that whole shebang. I remember being a little worried about what people would think so I didn't put them on after lunch. No one cared, so I was fine. Then when I was like 14 I wore contacts for a couple years, but I decided they were too much of a hassle and went back to glasses full time. I think i look better with them anyway. No one cares whether or not you wear them.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I have glasses for the same reason as you (so I can see the blackboard) and as soon as I put them on for the first time it was like BAM, and then 12 virgins were magnetically pulled towards me.

Maybe I'm just hawt though.

Nah but seriously, people don't give a ****. What kind of loser calls someone foureyes anyway...

But some girls did comment on how good they looked.

Quote by Davo Ownz
maybe people will have more respect for me if i just do it.?

This will not happen. As I said, people don't care either way.

It really isn't a big deal. I don't know why you're worrying.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Aug 14, 2008,
i like the idea of the virgins except id prefer experienced women,but thanks,yeah your right who in there right mind would give me respect for wearing something that i should have been wearing along time ago,i'm in my first year of high school and i went through the whole of primary school without even seeing the board,still got 90+ in englsh and 40 % in maths
ps i have a **** house frame
a little lost.....
it's not really a big deal though, i was the same when i first got them, i used to never wear them in one class because i liked a girl, but then i just started wearing them and she asked to try them on, you don't get any crap about it, just wear them and kill anyone who says anything
My Gear:-
Epi Les Paul Custom
Yamaha YG Series
Boss ME20
Hartke Piggyback - is actually quite good!!
plenty of people wear them get used to it, get contact lenses?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I don't have glasses.
Wish I did.
I think they're nifty. Reckon they'd suit me. Add a little something to me. I'm boring looking.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
I wear glasses and contacts. I think I was about 9 when I first started wearing glasses after an unsucsessful bout of eye patches, yarr!

Nobodys really bothred expcept if ive been wearing my contacts and then put my glasses back on, everyone complains I dont look as good! (brag)
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Got glasses about 2 years ago and only used them when i needed them and that was in school and at the cinema. I wear them a bit more often now as i like to be able to see and sometimes I perfer my look with the glasses, hell if I don't wear 'em my gf complains. It was my sellin point :P
cool.pit ****ing rocks,i swear on my life if ug is alive in 60 years i'll be on it,as long as i'm alive and as long as i can see the computer
a little lost.....
After a couple weeks people will get used to you having them on. After that when you take them off, that's when they think you look strange!

I wore glasses for years and went almost exclusively to contacts two years ago. The first time people saw me without glasses, it was like dude! Do I know you?

Most people (including me) like me without glasses, but one friend actually liked the spec look better. I'm sure you'll be fine, don't worry about it.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Of course you realise that you only have to wear them during classes. That's what I do (but only because the lenses are too thin and it's annoying having uncorrected vision on the top and bottom).
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I'm guessing that you won't have to wear them all the time - just whenever you're focussing on something that's far away (e.g. TV screen). That's how it is for me, but I'll wear them when I go for walks and stuff like that. I don't care how they look on me and neither does anyone else.
Well I have nice ones so everyone I know likes them. Plus apparently I look like a crackhead without them
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by SuperBlob
Don't get ones that look retarded and you'll be fine

For example, I wear thin-framed black rectangular glasses (emphasis on the thin, I'm not one of those people ), and people think I look weird WITHOUT them

Same.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I just wear mine around the house...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
I've had glasses since i was about 10 and back then it was 'cool.' Nowadays I wear contact lenses and they're cool too. Just don't sleep with them in...
Girls are way hotter with the right kind of glasses..
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Are many of you gonna get laser eye surgery in the future if you are eligible? Or are you happy with glasses?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I have to wear glasses for driving. I've been advised to wear them in the cinema, and for using the computer etc, but I get the feeling that advice was based on my choice to buy the cheapest frames available, in an attempt to scare me into buying ones that cost 4-5 times as much.
I recently got them in about May. I never wear them, which is probably bad :p.

Anyway, I was coscious of what people would say at first, but I knew I needed them and I was also so annoyed at the fact that i couldn't see long distances that I just accepted the fact and I wore them.

Apart from my friends, who obviously laughed because friends do that, I had 2 comments and both weren't bad.

EDIT^
When i first wore them, I started seeing things around my houses area that i didn't even know were there. Not close up things, but things in the distance. There's a block of flats in the distance that are so ****ing clear when i wear my glasses.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Quote by bob farrell
Are many of you gonna get laser eye surgery in the future if you are eligible? Or are you happy with glasses?

I hadn't considered it for myself, I have a friend who had it done but he still has trouble reading things in lecture theatres that I could read perfectly. I'm not sure if that's a common thing, but the kind of money and inconvenience that went in to having it done doesn't seem to be worth it.

I tried contacts because I thought it might be easier but found them less convenient than glasses. Wearing glasses isn't a big deal, I'm not sure why people think it is anymore because glasses are very different now. I've never been made fun of for wearing glasses and I started wearing them in my first year of high school. I suspect it's like most things, people who are called four-eyes (or whatever) aren't being made fun of for wearing glasses but rather because they were going to be the victims of verbal assault anyway and the glasses is just another feature to be ridiculed.
Lol I know what you mean when I first got mine everything looked all bright and I just sat outside staring at stuff. Then I made the horrible choice of going inside and saw how dirty everything was.
Quote by MrP
My experience has been that nobody gives a crap if you wear glasses, but maybe I'm just lucky?

EDIT: I'm not sure why but people tend to want to try your glasses on . More than once when a friend has tried my glasses they've realised that they can see better with them on and end up wearing glasses or contact lenses themself.

tryue..i wore glasses for a while (contacts now)

but yeah in exprience people care for a week then no1 notises.

it all depends on how you wear them i spose
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by Chips-
Girls are way hotter with the right kind of glasses..

+1

I might have to get glasses soon too.... I can't see ****.... Old age I guess?
I never wore my glasses really unless I need to. Friends know I wear glasses, but I skipped them and went to contacts. My vision is bad enough where I wouldn't feel safe driving without them, but not bad enough where I walk into things.

So for a while between 7th and 8th grade, I walked around half blind. Then I finally made the move to contacts.

Now of course I wear the glasses if I need to take my contacts out, if they're on too long, etc.
I first wore glasses about 3-4 years ago and I was really nervous to what people thought of me when I wore them, but just don't worry about it. I've got black plastic glasses and no one really says anything about them.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by shatsbasoon
Hmm I don't know, I couldn't ****ing see without them?

+1

i didn't have to wear them all the time, only in class and for TV but I got so fed up of not being able to see things I just started wearing them all the time.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I only wear glasses when looking at long distances, like in class for example. That was when I had to go get them, I couldn't see the board in the classroom and my teacher suggested I go and see an optician. But I don't care, I don't often wear them though, but people don't really seem to care.
Quote by MrP

+1
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Page 1 of 2