hey guys, my band playing a load of local gigs in pubs soon and wondered what you fought to our setlist...

we are a guitarist, singer, bass player and drummer

moby dick(with short drum solo)-led zep
baby frettelli-fratellis
com breakdown-led zep
a blues jam
dance to joy divsion-the wombats
this is an emergency-pigeon detectives
rock and roll queen-the subways

when we done the show we wil put it on youtube for feedback
cheers peeps
Quote by irongoat666
1. Acquire 3 sheep (or any other animal for that matter)
2. Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on them
3. Set them loose

Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
You should put some of your own songs on the setlist...
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
You should put some of your own songs on the whole of the setlist...

fixed, one cover, two most
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
we only been going like a couple of weeks if that, we only starting out really, and it hard to write songs right away, so that is way it is all covers, but i do have some songs in the process so should have 1 or 2 in couple of weeks after a load of gigs we doing.
Quote by irongoat666
1. Acquire 3 sheep (or any other animal for that matter)
2. Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on them
3. Set them loose

Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
If you do have to play all covers, at least pick songs with some kind of coherent style.
Quote by smb
If you do have to play all covers, at least pick songs with some kind of coherent style.

this
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I don't think it is as important to do one 'coherent style' as much as it is important to do songs that people know. Nobody cares about a blues jam. Everyone knows that bands only do that to fill up time.

I mean, a bar crowd won't mind if you play Paranoid, then Jack Johnson, then Enter Sandman, then a Hendrix tune, then White Stripes, etc. That would be totally fine. It's stuff they know.

My problem with this list is that at least half of it will be lost on your average bar crowd.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
TBH;

I've said it many times at these "setlist" threads..

I personally, hate - well hate is a strong word; I guess I don't particularly enjoy when band's do covers, it just doesn't do it for me. I don't know; I know alot of people that perfer orginals to covers simply becuase it's not like, "your band." Hard to explain; but I hope you catch my drift. They are paying to see your band, not particularly covers.

My band hasn't covered a song; and my band's doing amazing.

I've actually wanted to do this though; The idea came to me awhile ago; but I haven't brought it up with my band yet; I've always wanted to "rick roll" the audience. Be all like "We've got a new song for you guys!!" *crowd goes pretty wild* and just bust into Never gunna Give you Up..... But only play like, a bit of it and flow into our new tunes... Just to have fun with the audience.
I think having a drum solo in your opening song might be a little strange. If its not very long I guess that's ok though.
Quote by smb

Or if yount want to mix up the time scale, at least do more than one old band.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
@velo - Different clubs tend to cater to one or the other. If you want a cover band, you'll go to club X, but if you want to hear original bands, you'll go to club Y. There should never be any disappointment or surprise going to see a band and finding out that they do originals when you were expecting covers, or vice-versa.

If he's playing covers, he will play at venues to cater to an audience who expects covers. You, as a fan of bands who do original music, will be at another venue that caters to original bands and their clientel, and therefore would not be disappointed.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You should scrap the Blues Jam, and put "Moby Dick" at the end of your set, that way your drummer can take a longer solo, and the rest of the band can walk off the stage, then come back to join in. I think "Communication Breakdown" would make a good opener.