I need some heavy strings that can hold tunings such as Drop A. What are some heavy strings and their brand names? I have a 6 string electric guitar.
Anything gauge 12 or 13
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah your going to need something with at least a 56+ for the low string to hold that A effectively, 12's and 13's are your best bet.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Yeah your going to need something with at least a 56+ for the low string to hold that A effectively, 12's and 13's are your best bet.

Can you give an example of 13-56+. Ive seen the Zakk Wylde's but I would like to see something else.
GHS makes 13s I think. I use Ernie Ball 12s for my strat. I tune a half step down and don't do the whole Drop ___ thing.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Ive checked out a lot of bands that use Drop A tuning and they all use SIT Strings. But I havent found an SIT set thats that heavy. Can anyone explain this?