My first pedal was a BOSS DS1. Good starter.
It has always worked fine and still does.

I went to a store to buy another, and they were quite expensive. So i thought i'd try another type, and i bought two Behringer pedals.
Haven't had the chance to use them yet, and i wanted to hear your experience with them?

I've been told they extremely great when you think about the price, but that they... well... don't last forever. It also appears to me that they don't have a on/off switch?
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
remember, you get what u pay for

if a nuke hit the boss straight on it would come out with a small scratch. boss is also a brand with high rep so u would expect a great value for ur money

i have a boss gt8 and the sounds that u get from that can make u cream ur pants
My experience is with Behringer is that there isn't much difference between them and a colorful plastic paper weight.

You really get what you pay for, and you should always try out pedals before buying them. If you like them, well then i'm happy for you.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Behringer is complete crap in my eyes. All there products are as cheap as it gets IMO.
You can't use them without a power adapter, because they eat batteries like how a fat kid eats a cake. They sound really digital aswell.

You can get them to sound good if you use them through a really nice amp though.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
You can't use them without a power adapter, because they eat batteries like how a fat kid eats a cake. They sound really digital aswell.

You can get them to sound good if you use them through a really nice amp though.

yeah, that's the good thing about BOSS too. It's easy to plug to battery in and out... I haven't even figured out how to put the battery into the Behringer yet

What would be a really nice amp?
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Quote by TheKermal
yeah, that's the good thing about BOSS too. It's easy to plug to battery in and out... I haven't even figured out how to put the battery into the Behringer yet

What would be a really nice amp?

the way to put batteries in a behringer compact pedal is silly. you have to press in both of the little screws that hold the stomp switch in place and it will spring up and detach the switch, then you can access the battery. Trouble is these screws are plastic and i reckon could break if you stomped on the pedal too hard, resulting in a stomp switch launching incident.

I must say, the best thing about boss, is the physical design of the compact pedals. you just can't fault it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I really like the stompboxes, there cheap and made of plastic but last very well. it can be hard to change the battery for the first time, but when you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. I like the sound of them too, just try them out to see what you like. don't buy them cause others say there great/****. just try some and compare it to the more expensive ones if you like.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
I really like the stompboxes, there cheap and made of plastic but last very well. it can be hard to change the battery for the first time, but when you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. I like the sound of them too, just try them out to see what you like. don't buy them cause others say there great/****. just try some and compare it to the more expensive ones if you like.

Well that's what I did.. sort of. Bought them without trying them anyway.
Thanks for the 'how-to-open' explanations. I did not understand them though.
What to do without YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLPLsRfK8Qg
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Pretty good, actually. My Multieffect is ok, for the price. £20 for 6 fairly decent effects although I only really use the delay and chorus on it. I got a fuzz unit as well, that proves to be a brilliant clean/gain boost. I like them, even though they're made of plastic they're pretty tough. Although they eat batteries pretty fast - thats my only problem with them.
Quote by Lil Macker
...because they eat batteries like how a fat kid eats a cake...

love your work
Thank you please.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
dont trust any bandwagon.

fixed.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Behringer stuff sounds pretty good, but the subpar quality components and plastic enclosures doom them to fail.

Danelectro Cool Cat pedals are better and more durable as far as clips I have heard and specs I have read. They are also really cheap.
only on UG people buy **** then ask if its good. WTF?!?!?!?!
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I've used to own a Behringer Hellbabe,and IMO stay away from Behringer.
Week 1-Rocker started getting shaky and found that it hasn't enough vocal range
Week 2-Rocker dropped
Week 3-Fixed it and started hating cuz it sucks tone
Week 4-Threw it into my drawer and there it was for 1 and a half year.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
next time ask advice before you buy stuff

especially if youre buying junk
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I don't know about Behringer pedals but I won't be buying anything from them any more, I bought a Behringer amp when I first started and it broke after 3 minutes of being plugged in, literally.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
I've owned one Behringer pedal.... I threw it away. Although I own behringer headphones which I like. So I guess it depends.
As far as their pedals go, I hear that they actually sound fairly decent. Plus (at least around here) they're cheap enough that it's not really a major loss if they die.
Sound quality is comprable to boss, in fact a fair few of their pedals are boss knockoffs. They do have a tendency to break, and this has nothing to do with the plastic housing, it has to do with the terrible parts and shoddy constuction they use on the board. I've owned a lot and they have a tendency to simply stop powering up.
yes, you do get what you pay for, and that is just it. They are great if you want a couple effects to have on your board that you need but will not use often. The sound quality of the effects really are pretty good... I've definitely heard worse.
Quote by JaredFace
only on UG people buy **** then ask if its good. WTF?!?!?!?!

didn't ask if it is good asked for other people's experience with them!
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Last edited by TheKermal at Aug 14, 2008,
My first pedals were behringer eq700 (7 band equilizer) and cs100 (compressor) which worked aright out of the box but they had both stopped working suddenly, within a month i had returned and recieved 3 replacement sets, none of them worked... so i stepped up to a dod pedal and its worked great so far
Behringer Ultra Metal 100 is pretty good. Sick bass tones. Just the treble is a little harsh but I just set the treble on 0 on my amp
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
i have the EQ707, meh. i'm afraid to play with it. the sliders scare me, i think they might snap off when i move them. it's noisy, and it didn't help me find good tone. :[
it wouldn't stop me from buying a different one though, it's most likely my amp not accepting pedals. if you want i'll sell it to you!
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Behringer products are terrible. Cheap crap.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp