Hi all, I am new here. Hopefully this is the right place to post this. If not, mods please feel free to move it to where it needs to be. Anyways, I have only been playing guitar for about 2 months now, and I love it!! Don't know how I ended up there, but my guitar is in drop c right now, and I'm having fun playing some godsmack and 3 days grace( i stand alone and home specifically) I am trying to learn the song Just Like You from 3 days grace which is in drop d down 1/2 step. I have the official tab book so i know that it is right. There are 2 particular chords that I am having trouble with. I work with my hands all day, and they are quite meaty, and my fingers aren't all that long so sometimes I have trouble doing certain stuff. Not trying to make excuses, that's just the way my hands are. Anyway, like I said drop d down 1/2 step the chords look like this....

Dmaj7/F#
Eb -
Bb 2
Gb 2
Db 0
Ab 5
Db 4

And the second is...

Gsus2
Eb -
Bb 3
Gb 2
Db 0
Ab 5
Db 5

Now, I know that on paper, they don't look too hard, but for me I just can't seem to do it. MY stubby, fat fingers always hit other strings, especially the Db(4th string) that SHOULD be open, but gets fretted cause I can't bend my finger enough. Are there any alternatives to these chords? Thanks for any input/suggestions. Have a great day!!!!
Lol... yeah, you should post it in the Musician Talk Forum.

Dmaj7/F#
Eb -
Bb 2
Gb 2
Db 0
Ab 5
Db 4

And the second is...

Gsus2
Eb -
Bb 3
Gb 2
Db 0
Ab 5
Db 5

The first one could be played like this:

-x-
-2-
-2-
-0-
-x-
-4-

or

-x
-x

All you do is get rid of one of the Ab's to make it much easier to play.

Second one can be like this:

-x-
-x-
-7-
-7-
-5-
-5-

All you do is get rid of some of the notes that are doubled.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 14, 2008,
Oh yeah... i'm not sure if that's right haha...

I don't have my guitar with me and i'm not very good with chords without it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I'm not really good at this stuff yet, so please bear with me for the time being. I think what I will try to do is fret what is actually supposed to be fretted per the tab and hear what it sounds like, and then fret the alternatives that you posted and see if they sound similar. If they do, I might just try to use them. I only thought to ask because I know that this stuff isn't written in stone and I am sure that youc ould change things around to make it sound almost identical. Thanks for your input, it is most appreciated!