A few days ago someone may remember me posting a thread about changing my pickups on my Les Paul...but I think I may have changed my mind on what to spend my current job money on.

My current amp is a Roland Cube 60 (not the best quality wise but ok for practice), and I saw this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487055

I looked at the reviews for the 1x12 Tube version, which was the same price, and apparently for the extremely cheap price it's an ok tube amp...at least according to the reviews on that site. And many users have said a new tube amp would improve my sound more than pickups would. But I've also heard some people saying bad things about the Crate brand...

Should I purchase this to replace my Cube?
okay few other questions

whatsyour genre budget and are you willing to go uesd

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The crate won't get metal tones like the Cube 60. It can get hard rock/classic rock but won't do metal without help from a pedal. So, genre and budget? (Also, i would recommend the 112 over the 212).
Quote by gregs1020
The crate won't get metal tones like the Cube 60. It can get hard rock/classic rock but won't do metal without help from a pedal. So, genre and budget? (Also, i would recommend the 112 over the 212).

Why the 112?

I have a Boss Metalcore pedal for metal, which granted is an ok but not the best metal-toned distortion pedal.

I play mostly Metalcore, various metal genres, punk and some classic rock. I'm trying to look to spend $200-400.
Im really pissed...I ended up buying a crate v3112 (non tone tubby speaker) for 360 after shipping brand new. At the time (3 weeks ago) the crate v33 (what I wanted) was $380 with free shipping, and the v18 212 (also considered) was about 300 Shipped...

Now, the v18 is only $200 and the v33 is 250. Im really pissed

Why are they so cheap now?

My v3112 is really nice, it gets really loud. Its good for pretty much everything but metal. These amps are a steal now...even before they were still a steal, now its just too good to be true imho...

IM PISSED!