The P-90 is a single coil electric guitar pickup produced by Gibson since 1946. Having a more complex architecture and larger dimensions than Fender's single coils, it is occasionally mistaken for a humbucker. According to the Gibson website, "the lean and mean P-90 offers a stellar combination of high output and biting treble response."

That's from wikipedia.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Soundwise it's in between singel coils and humbuckers. It has a darker sound than regular singel coils.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
In between is the best way to describe em. As long as your sticking with the single coil version not the stacks or humbucker version. I have a set and really like em. They probably dont do so well for really heavy stuff, but do well for classic rock and some metal.
It's still technically a single coil, and is prone to hum like others. However, they usually have a higher output and somewhat beefier sound.
In short, as someone above me said, they're somewhere in between humbuckers and single coils in terms of sound.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.