So, I've been playing for a year or so, and I wanted to start soloing properly so I checked out one of the threads in here recommending song. There I found "Paper Wings" by Rise Against, and decided to try it out as it said it was for beginners.
No, just no. It's way too fast at most parts. Is this really a beginner and I'm just a bad player, or is it actually fast?
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
mhh i'm playing the song right now (it's great btw)

the riff and all is a little difficult i think (just by hearing it)

now for the solo... it is pretty difficult in some ways

just try to build it up slowly, after a while it will work for you
Drum drum drum away!
It doesnt seem too hard, If you are new to soloing completely then it might be more of a challenge, Any part of it that you find hard in particular?

I hated that song as soon as i heard the first few seconds, Canon in D chord progression
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
It doesnt seem too hard, If you are new to soloing completely then it might be more of a challenge, Any part of it that you find hard in particular?

I hated that song as soon as i heard the first few seconds, Canon in D chord progression

Worst is the hammer-on part and what follows. What comes before that isn't too bad, really.
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
well hamer-ons and pull offs are the nastyest things when you're beginning to learn solo's

practise practise that's the key^^
Drum drum drum away!
It's not a beginner solo at all, whoever recommended it to you is an idiot.

Something like Highway to Hell by AC/DC is a beginner solo - you need to get some practice with phrasing and picking accurately before you think about playing anything even moderately fast.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com