Well, I have a problem. I have a Epiphone Les Paul, it´s not a bad guitar, but the pickups are awful. So I will buy some new pickups, but I dont understand anything about them, that´s why I need help. I was thinking buying these two:

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/PTE/Guitars/Pus/Seymour-Duncan-Jeff-Beck-Model-SH4-Bridge-black-4-adrig/art-GIT0001411-001

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/PTE/Guitars/Pus/Seymour-Duncan-Duncan-Distortion-SH6-Bridge-black-4-adrig/art-GIT0001414-001

Now, I have a noob question.

Should I put the SH4 in the neck or in the bridge,or its the same thing?
If you don't understand anything about them, how can you be sure it's your pickups that's making your guitar sound bad?
i dropped a pair of rolling mill's in mine from axetec. £25 each delivered... they sound much beter than the stock pickups... more open.

also you dont have to go for seymour duncans... they are a name brand but not the only brand. consider bare knuckle, swineshead, or speak to courderoyEW (i think) here on the forum and he will make you a pair to your exact specs for a very good price... or check his website, rock monkey pickups...
Thank you please.
[quote="'jamie[wls"]']If you don't understand anything about them, how can you be sure it's your pickups that's making your guitar sound bad?
This.

TS, what amp are you using and what exactly is wrong with your sound?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
This.

TS, what amp are you using and what exactly is wrong with your sound?

listen to this mans advice. seriously!
Thank you please.
Quote by Kronos Agony
Well my amp is a real ****, here it is :

http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=655

but I will buy the pickups and a new amp, this one:

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=MG100DFX

in the Christmas.

Why do I say my pickups suck, cause the price of a set of strings, it´s almoust higher then them.

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether your pickups "suck" or not, your just regurgitating stuff you've read on the internet. Your amp sucks and that's why you sound like crap. BTW the new amp you're considering is also crap, but you do need a a new amp. You don't, however, need new pickups at all.

Buy a new amp, just not that one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Kronos Agony
Well, can you tell me a good amp with a price limit of 450 euros.

Yup...these two for starters.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kustom_defender.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_valve_king_112_gitarrencombo.htm
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

agreed with going for a new amp. for 450 euro, you could get that kustom (haven't tried it, but the coupe is very nice), the valveking, or even a laney vc15 (you could even get the vc30 if you were in the UK).

what type of music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like to play, old-school Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Manowar, Blind Guardian,etc....
ok... the valveking is probably the closest to that (though as i said, i haven't tried that kustom defender, but i suspect it's more aimed at classic rock), for a tube amp at your budget.

a roland cube 30 or 60 might be worth considering too, if you try the valveking and don't think it gets heavy enough.

if you can increase your budget by 50 euro, a randall rg50tc would be worth a look, it's a similar idea to the valveking, but more aimed at metal (while the VK is more of an all-rounder which can get to metal if absolutely necessary).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, but are the pickups good or not ?
And what sould be the position for the pickups!
the pickups will make much more of a difference when you get a new amp. they're probably better than stock epiphone pickups, but i'm not a major fan of either, you could get better pickups if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
with 130 euros you could get swinesheads or rockmoneys. I'd go with those over those duncans, they're handwound for a start (the duncans aren't).

thing is, though, if you ask me, you'd be better putting that pickup budget into getting a higher-quality amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, that 130 euros for the pickups won't be the difference between getting a valveking and a mesa recto, for example, but it would let you stretch to the randall, which is probably a better amp for metal than the valveking. would be worth trying both, though, to see which you prefer.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?