Seeing as I'm at work right now, and the search bar came up with no results on a similar thread.
What do my fellow pitters do to make money?
Mow lawns?
Contract Killers?
Pro Athletes?

List what you do, what you wish you were doing, and the pros and cons of your current job. You can also discuss and ask other people about their jobs. But play nice, everyones worked somewhere ****ty before we all have to start somewhere no judging.

I'll start.
I work at a high tech firm as a computer programmer, its basically a 4 month contract that's over when I go back to school.
Pros: It's in my field.
Cons: I've always programmed, but I'm starting to think that the whole locked in a cubicle 40+ hours a week isn't my deal.
Oh and I wish I owned my own game development company.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
you obviously don't know how to use the search bar
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=182522

anyways, i'm unemployed as of a month ago and will remain so until the school year is over
pros: i don't have to work
cons: a lot of free time...oh wait, thats a pro
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I work on cars for a living. It don't pay great but I can show up to work hung over every day and smoke reefer on my lunch break and my boss doesn't care.
Quote by cheeseman3001
you obviously don't know how to use the search bar
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=182522

anyways, I'm unemployed as of a month ago and will remain so until the school year is over
pros: i don't have to work
cons: a lot of free time...oh wait, thats a pro

Weird I searched "job" and "work" thread and got none of those.
And I'm damn jealous I just want school to start so I don't have to work anymore.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
I used to work in a pub. The pay was ****e, I got ripped off about 20 hours (worked 5 weeks for £120) and got utterly tax-raped because my boss never gave me the appropriate forms. However, I got given any drinks left over when someone messed up on the bar, so I ended up with half a dozen pints in me by the end of a shift. Sadly being 16 meant I couldn't actually work on the bar, serving food and shouting at people was my lot.
Just waiting to start college and get an album out with the band pretty much
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Aug 14, 2008,
During summer, I work in a museum. Pay is alright, but I prefer going to school.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
My current job is at a grocery store.

PROS: decent money, free food.
CONS: it's filled with assholes and ****ty 13-16 preteens, also ****ty managers. Oh yeah and it sucks.

Dream Job: Being in a band or working at a music store.
Subway.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I just got fired a week ago.

PROS: Free time, I don't have to wash dishes for hours anymore (boring)
CONS: No way of earning money...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I work in a tiny shop on a caravan site for four hours on a saturday just for the summer.
Pros: It's not a real job and I don't have to do anything really.
Cons: You can sit for two hours with no-one coming in if the weathers bad and if we run out of ice cream on a hot day I have to recite 'Sorry we're out of ice cream' for hours on end while children cry. Oh and the pay is crap.

I really need to get a proper job.
I work for the FDA. I inspect trucks full of stuff to keep the consumer safe. It is often repetative, I want to be a touring musician, if I could find some like minded musicians around here!
I work as a webmaster for a music venue/bar/restaurant in Philly.

Pros: Extremely laid back, I get to goto what shows I want (some of them during my work day), Ive met some cool people in the music industry, my co-workers are mostly awesome, and my work day starts at 10am.

Cons: I dont get paid very much but at this point in my life Im ok with that.
I'm working as a Design Engineer for a small engineering company in the South of England.

Pros:
- It gives me money
- The coffee machine is free
- I get to quit in 3 weeks

Cons:
- Everyone here is 30 years older than me
- The guy on the desk next to me is an obnoxious old prick who spends his day belching and making stupid noises every 30 seconds
- I rarely have more than 3 or 4 hours work to do in an 8 hour day, which makes every day drag like a bitch
- The work I do get is monotonous and highly unchallenging
- I want to kill myself
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking