When talking about amp settings and EQ dials, people seem to refer to the selection as a hand on a clock. It made sense until I realized that, assuming the knob selector pointing straight up would make it 12 o clock, it's not possible to dial to 6 o clock because the knob doesn't turn more than like...270 degrees. (At least my amp works this way.)

So, my questions are:

1) 90 degrees vertical = 12 o clock?

2) the lowest one can go would be about 7 o clock? and the highest would be about 5?

Thanks for answering this silly noob question.
yeah. with the knobs at 12 o'clock, they sould be pointing straight up. and 7 would be about the minimum and five the maximum. and for some more help:

for good tone, never max out anything. including Mids. everyone thinks great tone comes from cranking the mids, but never max out any control.

that being said, never let your mids drop below 4. scooping, in my opinion, creates a very thin, ugly sound. but if you like it, hey, have at 'er.

learn to use your volume and tone knobs. alot of guitarists never touch the tone and volume knobs and constantly leave them at max. you can vary your tones by backing your tone off a bit to reduce harsh highs. and you can mellow out an overly distorted amp by backing off your volume (or by turning down the gain).

hope this helps
Cheers!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
yeah. with the knobs at 12 o'clock, they sould be pointing straight up. and 7 would be about the minimum and five the maximum. and for some more help:

for good tone, never max out anything. including Mids. everyone thinks great tone comes from cranking the mids, but never max out any control.

that being said, never let your mids drop below 4. scooping, in my opinion, creates a very thin, ugly sound. but if you like it, hey, have at 'er.

learn to use your volume and tone knobs. alot of guitarists never touch the tone and volume knobs and constantly leave them at max. you can vary your tones by backing your tone off a bit to reduce harsh highs. and you can mellow out an overly distorted amp by backing off your volume (or by turning down the gain).

hope this helps
Cheers!

Listen to this guy, he's spot on there.
Quote by AdamDK
Listen to this guy, he's spot on there.

why thank you. i think it's every musicians responsibility to pass on their knowledge, no matter how basic it may seem. because you never know how much it may help somone.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.