i wipe the thin layer of sweat of my palms on the strings when theyr not slippery enough,
yeh i know about fast fret and all that crap but we dont get that in egypt and when it is available its too friggin expensive
i wipe the strings once i finish playing anyway
so does anyone else do this,and is it bad for the strings/frets in any way?
And it's . . . gross.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
The reason the strings feel rough to move on is because they are slightly rusty from your sweat anyway!! Get the fast fret foooool!!!
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
The reason the strings feel rough to move on is because they are slightly rusty from your sweat anyway!! Get the fast fret foooool!!!

Yeah.. they shouldn't be rough anyway.

You don't even need fast fret. Just buy good strings.
Quote by Delanoir

You don't even need fast fret. Just buy good strings.

Winner
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It's bad for the strings, and it's retarded.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What is fast fret? I don´t have any problems with rough strings beacuse I use elixir strings...
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234

That post is a fail if it doesn't include a picture of Mr. T
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
i think ernie ball super slinky's are good enough strings?
but okay okay,wont do it again,looks like im the only one :-(
i'll have to spend a fortune on fast fret,it costs like 100 pounds here in egypt
Ernie ball are the bomb, and if they do get a bit crusty i take a piece of paper and rub it along the string, works fine. If you're too lazy for that or the strings are just 'stiff' so to say from lack of use just take he little bit of sweat from my palms and just apply directly to the fingertips and roll with it. works fine for me at least