I'm looking into buying some new pickups, I've selected a couple and want to see if anyone out there has some experience with them, along with some advice to go with it.
Right now I'm thinking about a set of EMG H4 Passives, or a Dimebucker along with another Seymore...
I play mostly metal, along the lines of Lamb of God, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Bring Me The Horizon...but I'm also getting into the whole neo classical scene and trying to learn some badass scales. So I need something that can stand high gain for my metal, but not skip out on the depth for solo's and stuff.
So any advice is appreciated...thanks guys
Seymour duncan blackouts if you're looking for actives (actives are normally used extensively in metal)
Heard some good things about them!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Nah, I'm looking for some passives, I know you can get better sound out of the actives, but too much of a hassle right now.
I have a Jackson Dinky and I use a Behringer halfstack...my budgets about 250-300
Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz for passives really
They are fitted to a few metal guitars at the moment
but a new amp will probably do you better, pickups won't improve your sound much currently

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
There's no reason not to put actives in, especially with a budget of 250-300.

Look at these:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/EMG-EMG-KFK-Kerry-King-81-85-Humbucker-Set-103312237-i1323639.gc

I have an 81TW-89 setup and it's amazing. The install isn't that hard, as long as you're decent with a soldering gun.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
haha yeah, i know my amp sucks, but i bought it off some guy for 300 so it was ok, besides my pickups are really old and semi rusted so they dont sound as good anymore, so i need new ones, and dont you need a slot for a battery on active pickups??
No, the battery just goes in your control compartment with your pots, provided it's large enough.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.