I need some help deciding between a D-Sonic and an X2N for my RR3.

I either want one or the other, so please don't suggest anything else.

I also thought I'd get a D-Activator X for the neck if that helps. I will take suggestions on changing that though.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Aug 14, 2008,
breeds
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
I really want one or the other
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I suggest listening to demos of each pickup... and maybe checking out youtube to find people playing on the pickup you like to see how it sounds for them. Of course every situation is different, but it will give you an idea.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I really want one or the other

why?

I'd struggle to recommend the X2N for anything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Simply because I play very high gain metal and have a guitar with Invaders, EMG 81-60, EMG 81TW-89, and a guitar with Blackouts, so I want one with DiMarzios. I don't really like the Breeds.

What I'm really looking for, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, is the twang...type... thing... when you play the low string in low tunings, you hear it in Slipknot's songs and Machine Head's songs. Does anyone know what I mean?

If you listen to Scream by Slipknot, 0:35 - 0:44, you hear it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Simply because I play very high gain metal and have a guitar with Invaders, EMG 81-60, EMG 81TW-89, and a guitar with Blackouts, so I want one with DiMarzios. I don't really like the Breeds.

What I'm really looking for, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, is the twang...type... thing... when you play the low string in low tunings, you hear it in Slipknot's songs and Machine Head's songs. Does anyone know what I mean?

If you listen to Scream by Slipknot, 0:35 - 0:44, you hear it.

Probably go with the D-Sonic then, it likes low tunings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Has anyone tried the D Activator X's yet. I know the D Activators are pertty good, but these are supposed ot be based on the premace of the X2N design.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment