Fender Blues Junior ROCKS.
I borrowed it for a concert and it was really amazing.
Great cleans, and a nice overdrive. And if you throw in a distortion pedal
in front of it, it sounds fantastic..
Quote by Matsols
if you throw in a distortion pedal
in front of it, it sounds fantastic..

distortion pedal in front of a low wattage tube amp.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by JaredFace
distortion pedal in front of a low wattage tube amp.

+1
Now an overdrive on the other hand...
Anyways, both are fantastic amps. If you are gigging, the Classic 30. For bedroom, the Blues Junior is suprisingly quiet and you can overdrive it at low volumes. I think the Classic 30 is a better choice and sounds just as good as the Blues Junior, if not better.
I would have to say I really like the Classic 30. It's a really good amp for the price. Since these are pretty common amps, I would suggest trying them both if possible. I think they will sound kinda similar. The C30 might have a bit more gain though. Happy shopping....
Both are great amps.

The Classic 30 is louder, has more dirt in the tone, weighs and costs a little more, and is more British/Marshall voiced.

The Blues Jr. is more "American" voiced and will do great cleans. It doesn't have much overdrive without pedals.

It depends on what type of music you're playing as far as which is "better".
Having used both for gigging, although the classic 30 has more gain on tap and is a cracking amp, the blues junior cuts through the mix better (especially with the fat switch) and can definitely keep up with the classic 30 in terms of volume. I reckon the blues junior and a decent overdrive is probably a better option than the classic 30 (which is a good amp in it's own right).

Your call though.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

used classic 30. you see em online for like 300-400$ alot.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I'd probaly go with blues juniour if money and practicality wasn't in the equation and I just wanted one with a better tone. The tone on the blues junior is slightly better then the classic 30, but for the prices and overall the peavey is a better amp. They're usually generally around the same £300-400 price range brand new, but, the peavey has 15 watts more power, which is ALOT for a tube and has a more versatility as it will go with pedals better.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
The BJ's cleans are better than the C30's, but I like the OD on the c30 more than the BJ's. The C30's cleans aren't bad, but they're all right for me
I'm getting sick of all your threads. I answered this in one of your other ones.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
If your gigging and need cleans Classic 30.

If you don't need cleans while gigging or mostly play in the bedroom Blues Jr.

I think they're quite similar sounding, the BJ has better cleans but the CLassic series has some great overdrive.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by mcrfobtai
+1
Now an overdrive on the other hand...
Anyways, both are fantastic amps. If you are gigging, the Classic 30. For bedroom, the Blues Junior is suprisingly quiet and you can overdrive it at low volumes. I think the Classic 30 is a better choice and sounds just as good as the Blues Junior, if not better.

You can say whatever you want, but it sounded awesome!
Its pointless to buy a tube amp just to stick a distortion pedal in front of it.....Maybe for like 1 or 2 songs to get your jollies, but a distortion pedal will suck all the tone out of your amp.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I would put an overdrive pedal in front of it. I need an amp that can do small venues. My guitar teacher says that a 15 watt tube amp can do so many venues, except for like a huge amphitheater. He said that 30 tube watts is almost too much. I care about the cleans and tone the amp has by itself, and to get distortion I would use a pedal. I only want the amp to get a little dirty or some AC/DCish crunch, but for more serious stuff I would use an overdrive pedal.
I want to get The White Stripes, Wolfmother, Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, Priestess, The Vines, The Strokes, and The Hives tones.
TS what the hell?

no vs threads, dont bump a thread after a minute, and dont tripple post.

these two amps are completely different.

did you try them?
are you in a band?

is this a repeat thread?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No I haven't tried them. My guitar teacher claims they have stopped making Peavey Classic 30's so it might be hard to find one to try. I am in a band. 2 actually.
Quote by jj1565
TS what the hell?

did you try them?
are you in a band?

is this a repeat thread?

+1

/reported
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by jj1565
TS what the hell?

did you try them?
are you in a band?

is this a repeat thread?

Come back after you read the rules newbienewbie
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure