EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
play and decide yourself

Everyone gives this reply at least once in every vs. thread lol.

I can't try them because I'm located where there's nobody that carries a damn ESP in the state.

There's like one store that's on the coast opposite of me.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Everyone gives this reply at least once in every vs. thread lol.

Only because it's the right answer.
Quote by Survivalism
Only because it's the right answer.

Touche but for the moment I can't try these out because nobody near me carries ESP.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I Like the MH best, what stles do you play? Also, if its tone your looking for instead of improved playability over your BC Rich, then id recomend a new amp. If you just want the guitar to feel better than get the MH.
Quote by Tubyboulin
I Like the MH best, what stles do you play? Also, if its tone your looking for instead of improved playability over your BC Rich, then id recomend a new amp. If you just want the guitar to feel better than get the MH.

I ****ing hate the setup I have now.

This is my beginner's setup. For a greenhorn this is some pretty good stuff.

But I've improved leaps and bounds since I started out and I feel I'm ready to upgrade.

I'm an avid fan of Metal and Metalcore with ocassional hard rock (I say this because A7x is supposedly hard rock and they're my favorite band)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
^ Aye, i got my SG while i still had my MG because i wanted something that played better tahn my starter guitar so yeah, go for the MH. It should do great for metal, but make sure you know what your getting into with that Floyd
One is a Soloist type, other is Les Paul. You can't just compare those two in a fair content because there are so much different between the two body type.

I owned a MH-1000 so I have tasted the quality of it. It was not far from my dream guitar I have in mind. I loved the inlays so much... Sold it and made some profits but then I felt like an idiot. Will buy another when the opportunity comes up again :p

About the EC-1000, I can only guess that while it look like a Les Paul, it's will not feel like one. The body is lighter and the construction is different. I don't say it's worse or better that way, just different.

You won't be displeased with either of them. Both are high quality guitar, top of the shelves for the LTD line. Not to mention they're packed with feature like tonepros, locking tuners, earvana nut etc...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
One is a Soloist type, other is Les Paul. You can't just compare those two in a fair content because there are so much different between the two body type.

I owned a MH-1000 so I have tasted the quality of it. It was not far from my dream guitar I have in mind. I loved the inlays so much... Sold it and made some profits but then I felt like an idiot. Will buy another when the opportunity comes up again :p

About the EC-1000, I can only guess that while it look like a Les Paul, it's will not feel like one. The body is lighter and the construction is different. I don't say it's worse or better that way, just different.

You won't be displeased with either of them. Both are high quality guitar, top of the shelves for the LTD line. Not to mention they're packed with feature like tonepros, locking tuners, earvana nut etc...

I've heard that LTD's are like epiphones tho?

Idk I was reading a thread where this guy used this comparison:

Gibson=ESP
LTD=Epiphone

Which makes no sense to me.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Dude your amp blows..

Get a new amp
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
Dude your amp blows..

Get a new amp

Haha

I guess you're right.

Idk though because my warlock is starting to fall apart. The knobs are really loose and I've chipped it in several places. Luckily the actually body has managed to stay in good shape, just the headstock lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Yeah that's a tough one.. If you sell all of what you have now, and use the money you have, you can buy a good amp and a good guitar..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
Yeah that's a tough one.. If you sell all of what you have now, and use the money you have, you can buy a good amp and a good guitar..

Lol honestly,

How much do you think I'll get for the stuff I have?lol

(besides the metal muff that's great stuff)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Haha

I guess you're right.

Idk though because my warlock is starting to fall apart. The knobs are really loose and I've chipped it in several places. Luckily the actually body has managed to stay in good shape, just the headstock lol.

Welcome to the world of B.C. Rich, that's the reason why 50% of my local shops do not sell them. Too many complaining customers.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
Welcome to the world of B.C. Rich, that's the reason why 50% of my local shops do not sell them. Too many complaining customers.

A buddy of mine helped me pick my first guitar (at that time he'd been playing for a year).

He's a big fan of B.C. Rich and was all praise about them.

So he helped me pick out a warlock.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
ok about this. I reli think its a shape and floyd decision. I have the ec-1000. I love it. If i would have wanted a floyd i would have went for the MH. I think its if you want a floyd or not. They sound very similar, i played them both side by side in the store through an engl fireball. They sound amazing. Its just the floyd or no floyd.

And about your ltd-epiphone thing. Esp is the big cheese company. Theyre the quality ****. Ltd is like a little branch of esp that makes more affordable models that are korean made instead of made in japan. So esp is to ltd what gibson is to epiphone. gibson is the big mother of epiphone. epiphone makes more affordable versions of the cool **** gibson makes. With ltd though if your dealing with the 1000 line. it is not quite esp quality, but its pretty close. i think that the ltd ec-1000 is the eclipse-2 without esp on the headstock and maybe not as great wood. its close.

in conclusion. they are both amazing guitars but if you dont want a floyd go ec, if you wnat a floyd. mh
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by TheBodomBullet
I've heard that LTD's are like epiphones tho?

Idk I was reading a thread where this guy used this comparison:

Gibson=ESP
LTD=Epiphone

Which makes no sense to me.

Yes. You can think of it that way. ESP owns the LTD name and use it for budget models. The LTD Deluxe series is top of the line for this branch. If you're familiar with Epiphone then draw a line between this series and the Elitist series would be pretty good comparison.

By calling them budget model I by no mean imply that they are any bad guitars. Don't make the mistake by confusing yourself between budget and bad.
You might want to think ESP quality pick ups where LTD ended. It's not. They overlap each other.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 14, 2008,
well about the MH vs EC, i think it depends alot on your personal playing style, and also what u like to hear, if you hear metal that is based alot on rytme guitar and no or few solos, the EC is your best friend, if you like metal with alot soloing thing going on, and someday wanna be able to do all sorts of solo stuff like tapping sweeping and harmonics that gets owned by the wammy bar go for the MH, of cause it can also play rythme guitar (the MH), but if you have small hands or short fingers and thinks that streching is a biacth then it won't be your cop of tea..
also if u like solos the MH has 24 frets which (if u are playing solos by other artist) is important, because there is nothing worse than not being able to play a whole solo because u can't hit 1 or 2 tones...
what ever happend to your mesa rect-o-verb?
but i wouldn't reccamend any of those guitars because of the EMG's into a crapy solid state amp...
but if i had to choose between the 2, the M-1000
Quote by Ghold125
what ever happend to your mesa rect-o-verb?
but i wouldn't reccamend any of those guitars because of the EMG's into a crapy solid state amp...
but if i had to choose between the 2, the M-1000

Who said I wasn't getting that as well? lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Ghold125
wait for the amp

I'm gettin it on xmas.

BUT I need to SAVE UP for the guitar.

So technically I'll get both. Just one before the other.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
EC-1000! EC-1000! There are WAY too many superstrats out there, and i don't think i could let you live if you got one. besides, the EC is Cheaper, so you'll have money left over to help upgrade your amp, or retrofit with a bigsby.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Rockingbird
EC-1000! EC-1000! There are WAY too many superstrats out there, and i don't think i could let you live if you got one. besides, the EC is Cheaper, so you'll have money left over to help upgrade your amp, or retrofit with a bigsby.

Same price, mate... Well, if you know where to look :p

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Rockingbird

I actually think there's a lot more LP style guitars out there than super strats.
LP's are everywhere.

My vote's for the EC-1000. I've never been a fan of the MH's for some reason.
Signatures are overrated.
about the dude that said mhs are better for soloing. im not saying theyre not, but the ec is also a very shred worthy guitar. the ec has 24 frets like the mh. im on dial up at my cottage so im not gonna go load the esp website. I think the mh does have an 85 in the neck and the ec has a 60 so i guess it could also come to that. im trying to pick apart the differences for you to make your decission easier. there might be somethign you just dont want. but ya you can shred the hell out of the ec. you just dont have a floyd for that crazy ****.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

If you don't get the MH-1000 in see thru blue than I'm going to have to kill you.

I think it comes down to whether or not you want a Floyd Rose. I think that they're a pain, but I use the whammy bar a lot (Not as much as Kerry King), and whenever I play a guitar without one, a find myself reaching for it. If you need to change tunings frequently , than the EC-1000 would be a better choice. Since you have two guitar though, you could use the other for alternate tunings.
Quote by Rockingbird

I see.

Btw pm you're cell #

I LOST IT. :O
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by lylewithans182
If you don't get the MH-1000 in see thru blue than I'm going to have to kill you.

I think it comes down to whether or not you want a Floyd Rose. I think that they're a pain, but I use the whammy bar a lot (Not as much as Kerry King), and whenever I play a guitar without one, a find myself reaching for it. If you need to change tunings frequently , than the EC-1000 would be a better choice. Since you have two guitar though, you could use the other for alternate tunings.

Well I DO want the FR but it was pretty much unanimous I wanted the MH until a couple of people were ranting that the EC was better quality and blew the MH out of the water. I checked the price and I was like: WHOA. Cheaper than the MH.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
If you do go for the MH, prepare for a few minutes of agony when you restring/setup for the first time, even if you've seen the tech do it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Guys... guys... don't you forget that at least halv of the MH-1000 out there do not geared with FR. Those with Tonepros bridge costs almost the same as EC-1000 range.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Guys... guys... don't you forget that at least halv of the MH-1000 out there do not geared with FR. Those with Tonepros bridge costs almost the same as EC-1000 range.

???

I thought MH-1000 had an OFR on it? Or maybe I misunderstood what you said?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Tubyboulin
^There is MH-1000s that come with Floyds, and there are also Some with a Fixed bridge and Duncan pickups. both are awesome

Oh yeah I know that.

The one I'm talking about though is the one with the EMGs.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
the EC-1000 is Cheaper then the MH by about $150, maybe $100 if you know where to look. And in my OPINION (remember, this is just me), the EC plays better. I made a point of going to Sam Ash today, and after comparing the EC to MH, i am happy to say that the EC left me with a boner. and besides, the floyd rose is a bitch to string and tune. And also, finish wise, ALWAYS GO TRANS GREEN!!!
Or Trans Blue
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Rockingbird
the EC-1000 is Cheaper then the MH by about $150, maybe $100 if you know where to look. And in my OPINION (remember, this is just me), the EC plays better. I made a point of going to Sam Ash today, and after comparing the EC to MH, i am happy to say that the EC left me with a boner. and besides, the floyd rose is a bitch to string and tune. And also, finish wise, ALWAYS GO TRANS GREEN!!!
Or Trans Blue

I sense a disturbance in the force...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I sense a disturbance in the force...

There's always a disturbance in the force, fool. That why GAS exists!

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
There's always a disturbance in the force, fool. That why GAS exists!

Hey just curious bout how's the hellraiser you got? Compare it to the EC if you've tried it.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: