There is a girl I'm friends with, but I don't want to be her friend anymore. As of late she has become real annoying and obsessive over me and the things revolved around me (no, not an obsession like she's in love with me). I want to end our friendship; however, there is a huge problem. I'm usually a nice person and me ending the friendship will cause Miss Uber-sensitive to go into a depression.

Pit, how do I let her down easy?

Serious answers only inb4fapraperapewithshoveletc.etc.
rape with a garden hose?

no, but seriously, is she really that annoying? just try to avoid her, or not hang out with her as much
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
you don't have to not be friends, you can just not date...

or go to the relationship thread, they'll give you a better answer
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Ok, you can just keep distances from her.
Like if she asks you to go somewhere with her, say you have some work to do, then make sure that she sees you outside with some other company.
Hopefully she'll get the message.
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Don't hold off on telling her it will only make things worse. Just tell her that you don't like her in a sexual way and that you only wanted to be her friend, that you liked things the way they were between you two before this whole mess started up. Either that or start dating someone else, before she goes over the deep end with this.
make her cry thru violence
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
To all: I'm not dating her, she's just a friend.

Who said "Start talking to other people": I do, but some of them happen to be her friends (thats how she and I were introduced).

Who said "Keep a distance": I do. Yesterday, for example, she got all pissed because I had someone else come over my house instead of her.
Tell her she's being annoying and obsessive?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Tell her she's being annoying and obsessive?
Like I said in the first post, she's real sensitive and will take that, not as an observation, but as an insult. Then she'll go tell her mom and all these problems will start.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Like I said in the first post, she's real sensitive and will take that, not as an observation, but as an insult. Then she'll go tell her mom and all these problems will start.

Will her mum tell your mum and then you'll have to sit on the naughty step?
But it would be better to address the problems your friend is having rather than just remove her from your life.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by rickmeister
Will her mum tell your mum and then you'll have to sit on the naughty step?
But it would be better to address the problems your friend is having rather than just remove her from your life.

Exactly. And on the naughty step I lose snack time and then I'm not allowed to take my naps. You won't like me when I'm cranky.

But, you see, the problem has been addressed. And it's only gotten worse. I don't want to be this girl's friend anymore...if you had spent 3 days on vacation with her, you'd get pretty damn sick of her too.
just tell her you don't wanna be friends anymore... or be a pussy and ignore her
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Pabli7o
hit it with a tire iron.

Hit her with an iron tire.
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
Quote by pHaKe
just tell her you don't wanna be friends anymore... or be a pussy and ignore her

Telling her is the easiest and hardest choice to make. It'll end things quickly and make it go away, but the process of it going away will be brutal because of her questioning attitude.

"What did I do, Derek? Can't we stay friends?" blah blablah blablah.
Don't be too harsh, tell her next time you see her and walk away dramatically. Then blank all texts she sends you etc... this harsh treatment might actually make her turn normal again, if not then oh well.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Royal Celebi

Who said "Keep a distance": I do. Yesterday, for example, she got all pissed because I had someone else come over my house instead of her.

exactly, if she keeps getting pissed, she'll stop liking you
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by petrina_678
jeez do you really need advice for THIS?

get creative... tell her outright!

wat

you hearthless beast
Quote by rickmeister
Don't be too harsh, tell her next time you see her and walk away dramatically. Then blank all texts she sends you etc...this harsh treatment might actually make her turn normal again, if not then oh well.

...lolwut?

Quote by ShredGod George

exactly, if she keeps getting pissed, she'll stop liking you

Quote by petrina_678

jeez do you really need advice for THIS?

get creative... tell her outright!

Sigh. I'll figure something out. Thanks for trying to help, guys.
What didn't you understand, I said be harsh but not too harsh?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
Quote by rickmeister
What didn't you understand, I said be harsh but not too harsh?

Ok, that makes more sense. I didn't understand it the way you phrased it.
Talk about nothing but having sex with her.

If she doesn't want to she will stop hanging out with you.

If she does want to then you get laid.

Win-Win.
Sig What?