Page 1 of 3
Do girls really only listen to or enjoy music because the singers/band members are hot? It seems this way, as the majority of girls never talk about actually liking the music, only how hot the band members are. I'm not saying all of them, but for the vast majority, it seems appearance is more important than the music.

Discuss.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Most girls listen to watever's "popular"...."popular" being stupid...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by wshnationals
Do girls really only listen to or enjoy music because the singers/band members are hot? It seems this way, as the majority of girls never talk about actually liking the music, only how hot the band members are. I'm not saying all of them, but for the vast majority, it seems appearance is more important than the music.

Discuss.

That's the way with anyone.

Talk to a girl-musician and you might see different things.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I agree with both posts till now.

Edit: Posts #2 and 3.
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
Yes. Girls only enjoy the music of attractive bands.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by wshnationals

Discuss.
Oh, Christ. There are just as many boys who are preoccupied with image as girls, they just show it in a different way. It's just a sign of the times and is due to the way bands are marketed as much as the way people think. Listening to some male Paramore fans go on about Hayley Williams gets pretty old, but it doesn't mean they don't also genuinely enjoy the music.
I don't think it's just girls. For about the last ten years, the big players in the music business have been afraid to take chances on anything different/interesting (it's finally now just starting to change as record companies get more desparate to compete). The inevitable result is that all the music on the radio starts to sound the same, and people start latching onto bands for other reasons than their sound.
Death to Ovation haters!
like the ones who listen to fallout boy and stuff?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Girls don't like music. Girls don't like music at all!
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I listen to metal, Megadeth is my favorite band, and I don't like Dave Mustaine because he is hot or whatever (I don't think he is), I like him because he's a genius. I also like Dream Theater for the same reasons.
Last edited by metalgirl0 at Aug 14, 2008,
Worry about what you like and stop pondering on ridiculous questions like that...seriously, its not very important.
Quote by Eric 666
Worry about what you like and stop pondering on ridiculous questions like that...seriously, its not very important.

Finally someone who thinks right.
A lot of the musicians I listen to are ugly as hell.

So, the answer is no.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Mmm.. it seems to me that most girls (in my school anyway) only listen to what's popular. And mainly go on about how hot The Jonas Brothers/Pete Wentz is.

I've met a few who genuinely like the music of said bands (I don't see how, but it's their opinion).. and even fewer who don't like "pretty-boy" bands at all and listen to most of the music I listen to (blues, classic rock, hard rock, almost all subgenres of metal, dark ambient, etc..)
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by wshnationals

Discuss.

I'm not like that at all. I like the bands I like for the music they make.
Now I'm not gonna lie, some bands ARE quite good-looking. But I usually hear the music before I see what the members look like.
And to be fair..boys can be the same way.
Idk how many guys I've heard talk about Paramore and bands like that and how hot they think Hayley Williams is.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by wshnationals

Discuss.

Oh my god you're totally right. I mean I couldn't possibly enjoy it, especially seeing as girls have inferior hearing to guys which sucks because I'd really like to hear their beautiful voices, OMG they're so hot!!

To put it bluntly - no, you imbecile.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
girls listen to lots of really ****ty music that for some reason is popular like rap, or those classic rock bands that are just anoying now,led zeppelin,
id laff if a saw a really hot chick listening to black metal haha

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
no.. i like bands.. BECAUSE OF THE MUSIC THEY PLAY!

so what if they look good but sound like crap??? -_-

Duh i dont like band becuse they have an attactive guy / guys in them... sure it helps.. but i wont become a fan of the band just because of their looks.
^You've really never met one hot metal chick in your life?
Sweet Jesus...
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by skwisgaar5051
girls listen to lots of really ****ty music that for some reason is popular like rap, or those classic rock bands that are just anoying now,led zeppelin,

Hey, I grew up listening to Zeppelin. I actually remember being made fun of for listening to classic rock when I was younger because supposedly it "wasn't cool".
I also know plenty of girls who listen to black metal.

Perhaps you guys just go after the easy, attractive, ditsy girls and are too shallow to look elsewhere?

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
I'm sure there are girls that actually like music, but that is not the case for a lot of the girls in my school.
Quote by skwisgaar5051

I know a girl that actually suggests great black metal bands to me. And she's quite hot.

And if you want a hot chick that actually plays black metal...

Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by amyisforcynics
Perhaps you guys just go after the easy, attractive, ditsy girls and are too shallow to look elsewhere?

Buuurrrn

True though.

Quote by Masonpwiley
I'm sure there are girls that actually like music, but that is not the case for a lot of the girls in my school.

Please kill them all?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by MyNameIsLame
I know a girl that actually suggests great black metal bands to me. And she's quite hot.

you call that hot???
Quote by MyNameIsLame

well i was more talking about the A&F ones with the pink jackets and what not listening to black metal.

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
Quote by Trefellin
I do.

**** yeah, Vivian Slaughter!

Gallhammer ftw.

This man knows his wimminz/black/doom metal/crust punk.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
i've found that girls normally have one or two artists that they enjoy (9 times outta 10 it's Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz) and then after that they just listen to whatever is popular, that currently being cRAP.
Quote by amyisforcynics
A lot of the musicians I listen to are ugly as hell.

like???

i'm quite intrigued to find out what u describe ugly as hell...
most girls i know listen to "ganster" music
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
its usually a hit and miss with the girls. like ive met some that like a little metallica but for the most part girls are idiots when it comes to music. the worst part is that they think they know "good" music and are so judgemental whenever they hear something great. (which in imo makes them look incredibly stupid) just yesterday this new girl at work was talking to me and asked what kind of music i was into and i told her "metal mostly" and she goes "oh i dont like that because its not even music, i prefer stuff like chris brown...etc."

WTF!?
does he even play a f*ckin instrument?
I've never liked a band cos the singer is hot..although I might like a band and then find out that the members are hot, but that wouldn't be my reason for liking them. I don't know any girls that do that
Quote by Broken_Drum
Really, what kind of question is that?

Indeed. You know full well that I laaav ze breakcore

Quote by mr_hacksaw
WTF!?
does he even play a f*ckin instrument?

I agree with your arguement but just because he doesn't play an instrument doesn't make him instantly invalid.
Quote by SteveHouse
most of what is said here is mostly generalization... honestly.

Not all girls listen to rap/mainsteam , and not all girls like metal...

so deal with it
Page 1 of 3