Page 1 of 2
I mean mainly in rich places in the USA like the Orange County, Beverly Hills, Hollywood etc. I see them on all these MTV tv shows (The Hills, the new Beverly Hills, the O.C.) and my question is, do they really live like that? Because that would be sweet. Also, are places like Beverly Hills and Hollywood really as cool as they look in the pictures and on TV?
Be cool.
ha you watch mtv.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by Masamune
Alot of them are stuck up pricks

I definitely knew that. Just by the way they even looks sometimes. But I guess its not their fault, its the parents.
Be cool.
its all lies hollywood isnt that great .......its not very cool at all
Quote by soundgarden19
ha you watch mtv.

hah
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Most big cities like that have a nice section to them (the one you see on TV) and the rest is REALLLY run down.

Although I think the bitchiness and such is played up and edited a bit for tv, yes most rich bitches do live like that.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by Holy.
I hate those shows.

So do I, but T.V. sucks in the morning/afternoon.
Be cool.
all of these people are the people that just think they are cool and have everything given to them. theyve never had to do any ACTUAL work, like getting a REAL job, working a job, even mowing a d*** lawn! I would enjoy some of the money but would you really want to be that helpless if you ever went bankrupt or something?
Whenever you watch these programs you always get a message at the start saying "some scenes have been created for entertainment purposes."

'Nuff said.
Quote by thedude051
But I guess its not their fault, its the parents.

Yep that would be the main reason.

I used to live in L.A. (North Hollywood to be exact), and seen a few rich kids, most of them are just spoiled and petted. I could wax one on the streets any day.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by thedude051
So do I, but T.V. sucks in the morning/afternoon.

Then turn it off and go outside you fat-handed twat.
Quote by dannay
Then turn it off and go outside you fat-handed twat.

haha, yeah, I'd love to...but its been raining steady the past few weeks here in southern Ontario. Its only been sunny these past few days, and unfortunately, I have really bad allergies right now.
Be cool.
Hollywood is the like the hair that grows in the space between your nutsack and your ass. It's there, but does it really need to be?
Quote by Punker 96
Hollywood is the like the hair that grows in the space between your nutsack and your ass. It's there, but does it really need to be?

Well, it doesn't need to be. But I still think its an interesting place.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051

The people that live there think they are better than everyone else. And everyone else watches them to reassure themself that they are not retarded.
Parents pamper their kids to no end if they are well off, and I've seen it first-hand. They tend to be very stuck-up with their heads buried deep in their asses.

Even if I made a million dollars a year, I would live in a normal home and live a mediocre existence. No point in pampering myself or mah family with riches or stuck-up egos. The finer joys in life are found not in expensive goods but in simple things like kicking a football around.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by metaldud536
If you watch MTV, your iq will be lowered by multiples of 10.

I don't mind it. I watch it mostly for sh1ts and giggles.
Be cool.
I can't watch MTV. It's physically painful. I break out with a bad case of cancer every time I turn it on.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
No, it just gives an inflated view on a very wealthy spoiled area of the country. Anyone who would base their idea of americans off of that is extremely ignorant.

That being said, all of the dating shows on MTV are hillarious.. parental control, next, date my mom... all classic
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Are there spoilt rich brats in the world? Yes

Does anyone really like them? No.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by thedude051

Quote by Greenie_777
The people that live there think they are better than everyone else. And everyone else watches them to reassure themself that they are not retarded.

What are we talking about there? Hollywood or the space between your nutsack and your ass?
some kids do and some don't

and no the places aren't as cool as in the pictures and whatnot
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I pity those people because chances are, they wouldn't know how to handle themselves without their money.

Edit:
Quote by darkstar2466
Parents pamper their kids to no end if they are well off, and I've seen it first-hand. They tend to be very stuck-up with their heads buried deep in their asses.

Even if I made a million dollars a year, I would live in a normal home and live a mediocre existence. No point in pampering myself or mah family with riches or stuck-up egos. The finer joys in life are found not in expensive goods but in simple things like kicking a football around.

Exactly, and some people will never get to enjoy those finer points.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Aug 14, 2008,
What are we talking about there? Hollywood or the space between your nutsack and your ass?

Could be both, if it's Hollywood, then they are talking about stuck up rich kids, if its the space between your nutsack and your asshole, then they are talking about the stuck up craps you got from the stuck up bimbo rich kid
The answer is yes.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by stef123
Please tell me you don't find that funny.

Yeah, I found that Mad TV skit to be boring as hell.
Be cool.
Rich kids, no matter where their from, are my ultimate hate. They complain about their lives more than I do.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
When my sister has that super sweet 16 program on I take delight knowing that if that's how people react when their dad buys them the wrong range rover I really want to see it when they're told that they're going to lose a foot to diabetes.
That Ryan ****land or whatever is such a douche.
He's always crying to his friends about how he doesn't deserve his hot girlfriend and that she should move on and every time he confronts her about something shes like: (WTF?)
His dad should beat him!
Quote by kaptink
When my sister has that super sweet 16 program on I take delight knowing that if that's how people react when their dad buys them the wrong range rover I really want to see it when they're told that they're going to lose a foot to diabetes.

Word.

I seriously hate kids like that. I sometimes can't even look at them, its like they think we are here to amuse, or do work for them. I really just want to tackle them, and ruin their pretty faces.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
some people live like that. but really the shows are exaggerated. they take .1% of the population of orange county, and people think they are representing all of orange county. the other 99.9% is fairly normal.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Page 1 of 2