Hello, i'm selling my old Marshall and i need a new amp. I've been a little curious on the Marshall JCM 800 halfstack, but i don't know if that's to much amp for my small needs, so i was thinking on maybe getting a combo instead. I've allways been in to the Marshallsound, but i like other amps to. I play a lot of different music, so a good all around amp would be good. I'm also going to play the amp with a Boss GT-8, if that matters anything.
If you can indeed describe your needs as "small" then an 800 stack is probably WAY too much. Take a look at a Traynor YCV50BLUE as it's quite JCM800-ish, quite affordable, and on a much smaller scale.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by glamsnotdead
I've allways been in to the Marshall sound

Well don't get a new Marshall then - they sound nothing like their classic counterparts.

What type of music are you going to be playing?
I'll look on the Traynor, thanks.

No, i'm never getting a non-tube amp, ever hehe. I'm going to play all from Dylan pop to Metallica metall, but mostly in the 80s hard rock, harmonics, floyd, and some metallish things.
I agree, look at Traynors if you don't need a halfstack. Their combos are great, first time i saw an YCV-40, i just knew i was going to buy it.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Well, i've looked, and i can't find a single store online here where i live who sells Traynors, found some old traynor bass-amp on a second hand site...
Quote by glamsnotdead
I'll look on the Traynor, thanks.

No, i'm never getting a non-tube amp, ever hehe. I'm going to play all from Dylan pop to Metallica metall, but mostly in the 80s hard rock, harmonics, floyd, and some metallish things.

I wasn't referring to the Marshall SS. I was saying that their modern valve amps don't have that classic Marshall sound of their old valve amps because they have changed the circuitry over the years.

I've never had the opportunity to try out a Traynor but I hear that the YCV50BLUE is able to pull off heavy-esque music very well
look for a used orange. they do the whole marshall sound better than new marshalls do
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.