Page 1 of 2
My mom strikes again.
Well she took my music and I can't play any guitar now because I told her that I'm an atheist (again).
She got pissed and started yelling because when I was like 7 or so, I "accepted jesus." So basically she kept saying "You can't just 'out think' God," And other stuff like that.

Well she decided to negotiate.

I can only get my music and guitar back if I write a 3 page report on Salvation ONLY using examples from the bible and the dictionary.

And she wonders why I didn't choose to be like her.

What do I do?
Current Gear:
Schecter SGR C-7 (Pickups swapped for Dimarzo D Activators)
POD UX1
Marshall MG100DFX Amp
Other Stuff:
Jackson DXMGT(My discontinued baby)
Jackson JS30DKT
Crescent Strat copy(first guitar)
Crate GX15
tell her to go ****herself, and tell her to prove god exists, USING LOGIC,
you always win the god debate if you use logic
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
^ I reported that. Stop being an asshat.

Tell her that her opinions are hers and your opinions are yours. Sit her down and explain why you choose to not believe in a formal Christian God. If she can't accept your explanation, she surely is ignorant and you can't do anything about it until you have your jurisdiction to move out.

But until then, she is your mother and what she says goes.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
DNA test
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Steal your stuff back, burn the house, run away to a mate. That's prolly what I'd do if my mum would be a psycho.

Or you could write a 3 page report on salvation only using examples from the bible and the dictionary. Then get your stuff back, burn the house and run away to a mate.
Quote by darkstar2466

Tell her that her opinions are hers and your opinions are yours. Sit her down and explain why you choose to not believe in a formal Christian God. If she can't accept your explanation, she surely is ignorant and you can't do anything about it until you have your jurisdiction to move out.

We have a winner!
Isn't it obvious what you should do? Write a 3 page report on Salvation ONLY using examples from the bible and the dictionary.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by darkstar2466

Pretty much that. Your almost an adult, and a teenager who is allowed to make his own decisions in life, including if you don;t wish to believe in faith. I know alot of parents, epsecially in strong christian or religeous communities, will be very draconian about siblings denouncing or rejecting faith.
Quote by Valo
.....Pics, or it didn't happen...

lol wut?
Current Gear:
POD UX1
Marshall MG100DFX Amp
Other Stuff:
Jackson JS30DKT
Crate GX15
Try telling her that everyone has their own views and you chose your own ways. If she wont listen just tell her to shut the hell up about her needing to convert you, if you have another friend or family member that would take you in, you could get away from her for awhile.

For some reason I thought of that beer commercial with the vented opening"he really wants to.... vent"
"you ready to vent"
"Let's vent!"
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by ShredGod George
tell her to go ****herself, and tell her to prove god exists, USING LOGIC,
you always win the god debate if you use logic

Will you please prove me that god doesn't exist, USING LOGIC, sir ?

if she won't leave you alone about it after awhile, do something unforivable or something, walk into the living room rubbing your junk on the bible
Quote by guitardude34875
All hell would have broken loose if my parents did that to me. I was raised by my granny and after a couple of religious arguements she decided it was best to leave me alone about bible thumping.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Bloodycrass
Will you please prove me that god doesn't exist, USING LOGIC, sir ?

everything that exists was made by something, what made god?
Quote by guitardude34875
Well actually my mom says I'm Confused. I accepted god when I was seven, and like two years ago I became atheist.
Current Gear:
POD UX1
Marshall MG100DFX Amp
Other Stuff:
Jackson JS30DKT
Crate GX15
Wow this sounds like the 50's: no guitar=no devil's music!
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Yeah dude, she's your Mom wether you disagree with how she's forcing god onto you or not. Do it, get it done, get your stuff back, and if possible keep your distance regarding the discussion of religion with her to avoid conflict. She's obviously quite fanatical about her beleifs and forcing it on others and I don't think anything you do or say is going to change how delussional she is and her wanting to impress it upon you.

Thats what the grown up in me wants to say.

The pissed off f-u side of me wants to tell her that god is for delusional r-tards, he's a fantasy, and a myth, and why should you beleive in him and his ways and not the ways of Allah. or Bhudda, or Zeus, or the purple space elephant. I'd also pick up a few copies of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and leave them all over the house and challenge her to read it.

No seriously man, when people are hypnotized by religion, especially older folks, they're lost. To get along and live peacably at home I'd go with my first staement and do what she asks.
Quote by darkstar2466

What My. Gandalf said.

You're a big boy now TS, you can make your own decisions in life.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I already took a bible and put "Coaster" on it
So it said "God's little Devotional Coaster"
Current Gear:
POD UX1
Marshall MG100DFX Amp
Other Stuff:
Jackson JS30DKT
Crate GX15
Quote by darkstar2466

This

And tell her to grow up a bit.

I don't see why people freak out like that about religion.

I'm not an anti religious and all, I even believe there's a god somewhere but I just don't believe about the things that supposely happent.

Religion is just something to guide your life, to have a goal. But when you already have another goal, it's useless kinda.

And all those strict rules like sex before mariage is prohibited, wtf??? Sex is natural, it's part of us, your cum doesn't start to make itself at 14 years old for no reason.

If religion was seriously linked to us, we would start to have sexual pulsations after mariage.
Kill the bitch.
In all honesty though, I would write a three-page report on what a close-minded, moronic, conformist twat she is, and TAKE my gear back. It's not like your own mother can actually physically stop you from getting your guitar back. Just take it back from her, and tell her that if she doesn't stop being such a cunt, you're leaving.

I love having atheist, music-loving individualist parents.
Your mom is the worst mother in the world. I'm sorry.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
On topic:

That's the problem. When you're a kid, you don't have much of a choice as to your faith. I had Catholicism rammed down my throat. Now, I denounced and want NOTHING to do with that religion. Not putting it down, I just have my personal reasons against it. Fortunately, we have that freedom.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by ShredGod George
everything that exists was made by something, what made god?

I'm not religious but, that doesn't work.
What made the particles that created the big bang? Assuming your a bang theorist.
Otherwise what made the first thing to make something?
Thats what's so screwed up.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
simply say that you respect her views but until you can see any conclusive evidence of either you will remain an agnostic (who doesn't believe either) but remain an atheist and also respectfully tell her that she is denying you basic constitutional rights and feel free to look up the legal penalty/penalties of that.

Tell her to give you a 3 page essay on why you should believe in God.

The kicker is she's not allowed to use Pascals Wager.
Quote by denn0069
I'm not religious but, that doesn't work.
What made the particles that created the big bang? Assuming your a bang theorist.
Otherwise what made the first thing to make something?
Thats what's so screwed up.

not really big bang,
more i cant find out whats right
but i find flaw with most religions
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by smartguyreviews
simply say that you respect her views but until you can see any conclusive evidence of either you will remain an agnostic (who doesn't believe either) but remain an atheist and also respectfully tell her that she is denying you basic constitutional rights and feel free to look up the legal penalty/penalties of that.

how is taking his guitar violating any of his constitutional rights?
Gentlemen, ( and ladies if I missed any)
Whilst most of your arguments seem rational and logical the fact is our poor TS's mother is obviously somebody who cannot be dealt with using logic, her beliefs and faiths are twisted as are her attempts to force them on her son. Unfortunately there is absolutedly nothing that anybody can do until the TS legally becomes an adult. My deepest condolences to you my poor thread starter but it would seem to me that the only appropriate courses of action would be to either accept this barbaric "punishment" and give up the guitar for the time being or else let your mother believe that you fully accept this Jesus chap in your life...
Good day
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by YourDad
Your mom is the worst mother in the world. I'm sorry.

That's evidently a lie.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Tell her to give you a 3 page essay on why you should believe in God.

The kicker is she's not allowed to use Pascals Wager.

Good plan.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Gentlemen, ( and ladies if I missed any)
Whilst most of your arguments seem rational and logical the fact is our poor TS's mother is obviously somebody who cannot be dealt with using logic, her beliefs and faiths are twisted as are her attempts to force them on her son. Unfortunately there is absolutedly nothing that anybody can do until the TS legally becomes an adult. My deepest condolences to you my poor thread starter but it would seem to me that the only appropriate courses of action would be to either accept this barbaric "punishment" and give up the guitar for the time being or else let your mother believe that you fully accept this Jesus chap in your life...
Good day

You make it sound like being Christian is wrong.
Quote by smartguyreviews

thats his mom & legal guardian, he doesn't really have rights,
if she wanted to make him wear a shirt declaring how tasty penises are,
she could do it
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by metaldud536
You make it sound like being Christian is wrong.

forcing it down peoples throats is
Quote by guitardude34875
Page 1 of 2