Alright, I've been working on Trilogy Suite Op.5 by Yngwie Malmsteen. I'm doing pretty decent on it, so far. But I get to the 2nd theme (The one where it's all sweeps) and I'm lost.... I can't sweep-pick worth ****!

Any tips on Sweeping? Thanks!
-RenegadeCanto
the only real trick with sweeping is.....

ddddddooooooo iiiiiitttttt sssssslllllloooowwwwllllyyyy
Metronome
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

slow it down, and make sure when ur going slowly, your still sweeping with your right hand and not just picking each string
Yngwie sweeps? I thought he just used some economy picking but picked his arpeggios normally?
Quote by Guitar Sushi
Yngwie sweeps? I thought he just used some economy picking but picked his arpeggios normally?

If it wasn't for Yngwie Malmsteen, no one in the world would sweep except for Gambale. He's possibly the most influential sweep picker ever.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
kicks my ass too.

ive been playing for 6 months and been sweeping for 1 week and im learning the selkies sweeps. can do it half speed =) so im very hapyp with that.

the metronome is your best friend. play it at a slow speed and nail it 10 times in a row, then increase it.

rinse lather repeat
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
sweep picking is known to be the kicker of asses.
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
Quote by Deezy
sweep picking is known to be the kicker of asses.

Certainly not the only kicker of asses...Alternate Picking is kicking my ass. Not getting the motions down, rather getting it as clean and fast as I want it.
Quote by Caramello Ruell
kicks my ass too.

ive been playing for 6 months and been sweeping for 1 week and im learning the selkies sweeps. can do it half speed =) so im very hapyp with that.

the metronome is your best friend. play it at a slow speed and nail it 10 times in a row, then increase it.

rinse lather repeat

its lather rinse repeat.
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^