Yeah, i'm contemplating if I should get the V50 instead of a killer ant.
But, the thing is, I don't need another 50 watt amp! That's the reason I got rid of my peavey classic.
Hopefully I can convince my friend to get one to replace his little yamaha practice amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Holy hell those are some low prices... Are those things dog**** or what?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
actually after playing them there pretty nice amps. Especially at that price. i really liked the v18 and v33 however the v50 is not nearly as good.
oh... my... I might need to pick up one for my apartment at school.

Actually I think I might just order one later today.
If I have an Ion aGi03 amp (Basically like the one that comes in squier starter packs) Do you guys think this would be a good amp for me? I'm looking for a new amp, and this looks pretty good... It'd usually be for home but it'll be my only amp so will this be loud enough for the occasional small gig? I like to play stuff like rage against the machine, muse and hard rock like iron maiden and metallica... or would you guys recommend something else?

Oh, and how long is the sale on for, a month?
Last edited by Khit at Aug 14, 2008,
Oh my God, you guys are so lucky getting a deal like that. Waiting a little over a month to get a nice little Crate valve amp for $149? Yes please!
The amp isen't a 10, but for that price, what a Deal! I played one yesterday, It was decent at best, I hate how it's only one channel though. If I needed a bedroom/Jam room amp, I would buy this no hesitation.

If only it was the V33
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Slipstream_mike
The V33 is for sale too at $249

yeah i just caught that, the v50 is 200, I might hafta take a trip to guitar center
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
The amp isen't a 10, but for that price, what a Deal! I played one yesterday, It was decent at best, I hate how it's only one channel though. If I needed a bedroom/Jam room amp, I would buy this no hesitation.

If only it was the V33

One channel is not a problem at all.
Wow, would this be good amp if i play pop punk/ alternative. like paramore, all time low, mayday parade. i also play hardcore like devil wears prada and agust burns red...
Great deal for a little 18watt'r! Too bad no fx loop, or I'd be all over this.
Quote by Acquiescence
is the v18 quiet enough for practice

What kind of practice? If you mean bedroom volumes where no one else can hear you, then no.
One channel, no effects loop, but for $149? Pretty tempting deal for those on a budget going away to college.
Quote by T!AN
What kind of practice? If you mean bedroom volumes where no one else can hear you, then no.

well i meant if you keep master volume around 0.5 and you have dirt pedal like digitech bad monkey
Still no. You'll get usable tone at bedroom levels, but for it to sound it's best it's going to be loud.
Quote by T!AN
Still no. You'll get usable tone at bedroom levels, but for it to sound it's best it's going to be loud.

usable tone at bedroom levels is all i need... why is it when people ask if a tube amp is ok for practicing, people automatically assume they are going to be practicing with it cranked to get "poewr tube saturationsz"
Quote by Acquiescence
usable tone at bedroom levels is all i need... why is it when people ask if a tube amp is ok for practicing, people automatically assume they are going to be practicing with it cranked to get "poewr tube saturationsz"

Because that's what makes tube amp so good? =P
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
Epiphone G-400 1968 w/ Mean 90
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by AdamDK
Oh my God, you guys are so lucky getting a deal like that. Waiting a little over a month to get a nice little Crate valve amp for $149? Yes please!

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by alucarDuo
Because that's what makes tube amp so good? =P

well it's not like you need the absolute best sound for practicing?? i mean like if you havea overdrive pedal i guess you can get decent sounds at quieter volumes
my v30 sounds very good at very low bedroom levels. My peavey classic 50 has to get pretty loud to sound good it seems.