Does it function in the same way as an Original Floyd Rose, in that it can be pressed into and pulled away from the body of the guitar?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Copied from Wiki:

"Floyd Rose II is a lower end version of the Original Floyd used mostly on import and mid-range instruments. Originally, Floyd IIs were single locking, locking only at the nut. Later versions were made double locking, but used weaker materials than the Original Floyd Rose, making them less dependable."

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be push down and pulled up tho. That's all the info I got, but it says it's a lower end Floyd. So I'm 90% sure it functions the same way.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yeah, I already checked Wiki and VintageKramer, neither had any useful info.

Though, I'm not exactly sure it's a Floyd Rose II on the guitar I'm looking at, it looks kind of like a Kahler.

7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
I don't know, all the pics I found of FRIIs look like original Floyds. That looks like some off-brand Kahler copy that is sorta like a Floyd/Kahler mash-up.

And that doesn't look recessed. Only recessed Floyds can go either direction.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Aug 14, 2008,
That's what I thought, too.

I'll just ask the seller later, probably.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Yes, a Floyd Rose II can dive and pull up. Essentially, they're identical to a Schaller, same materials and everything, only difference is that a Schaller has steel inserts so that the intonation screws won't strip the baseplate.
It doesn't matter, I bought the guitar, regardless.

I'll just get it recessed, if need be.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Well, that has a little pull up range, but not a lot. But that is more about the guitar. The biggest issue with the FRII and similar designs is they are single locking pieces of crap that don't stay in tune if you can even get them in tune.
It has a locking nut.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
It has a locking nut.

Yes... but it does not lock at the bridge, making it single locking.