I got a mesa boogie nomad 100w tube amp and a couple days ago i went to turn it on and nothing. The light didnt turn on when i flicked the power switch, no sound whatsoever. i didnt drop it or anything, just started not turning on. all the other amps in the room work and i tried plugging it in many different places and still nothing. could it just be a fuse or sumthing? how much is this going to cost me to fix? can i do it myself?
all help is appreciated
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Is there a standby switch?
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
yea theres a standby switch and a power switch. and if i tube was blown wouldnt the light at least come on?
when i flick the power switch the light comes on, then i flick the standby and the sound comes on, pretty much just like every other amp. except nothing is turning on.
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Last edited by Fender420 at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by thedude97
Is there a standby switch?

He said he flipped the power switch and the light didn't come on... even if there is a standby switch the power light would come on whenever he flipped the power switch.

It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, in which case you can do it yourself. Try replacing the fuse and if that doesn't work I would take it to a tech to get a diagnosis.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, in which case you can do it yourself. Try replacing the fuse and if that doesn't work I would take it to a tech to get a diagnosis.

I took the fuse out and looked at it, it dosnt look broken in any way, can you tell just by looking at it or is it an internal thing?
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Quote by Fender420
I took the fuse out and looked at it, it dosnt look broken in any way, can you tell just by looking at it or is it an internal thing?

You can generally tell because the clear part will be discolored (usually a blackish color)... unless its a ceramic fuse, then I don't know how to tell if they are blown or not lol.

A few years ago my amp stopped working... just wouldn't turn on. I took it to a tech and it wound up being some big, elaborate problem that I would have never been able to diagnose or repair myself.