I just found out that if you take a TV remote and aim it at your pickups it will make weird noises when you press the buttons. If you keep holing it it starts clicking. Sorry if this is widely known but I just figured it out and thought I'd share.
No. only with crappy pickups or a crappy amp :P
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by JBOO7OHMSS
I just found out that if you take a TV remote and aim it at your pickups it will make weird noises when you press the buttons. If you keep holing it it starts clicking. Sorry if this is widely known but I just figured it out and thought I'd share.

if you hold an analogue watch to your pickups you get a 60bmp metronome
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
if you put anything electronic near your pickups ie: cell phone, tv, it will make some buzzing sounds and popping sounds
I remember at band practice once, I was sitting on the couch with my bass lying across me, and I leaned over it and screamed, and you could kinda hear what I was screaming coming from the amp.

I've tried to reproduce the effect many times in the passed 3 years and have been unsuccessful =\
if you put an ipod headphone up to a pickup your music will play out of it
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
i think tom morello has done this on a few songs.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
@ idendityxcrysis

There is a video of the guy from the band Modest Mouse, Isaac Brock, screaming into his guitar pickups as loud as he can at a concert and it comes out of his amp.
Counter Point: I go home and jerk off.
Quote by Jonnybin123
@ idendityxcrysis

There is a video of the guy from the band Modest Mouse, Isaac Brock, screaming into his guitar pickups as loud as he can at a concert and it comes out of his amp.

Really? That's bitchin! Since I haven't been in a band I haven't had a chance to crank the volume to really try it.
THanks, I'll have to check that video out
paul gilbert screams through his pickps at the end of the track "get out of my yard"

also, if you put the strings against your throat and speak or make noises, they will come out of your amp.
you gotta have high gain on to scream through your pickups and they hafta be relatively high output usually.

putting ipod headphones to the pickups are bad for them because they de-magnetize. Or so I've heard.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120