I need a new amp, My current amp is similar to the one in the fender squier starter packs (But worse, it's an Ion aGi03) I would like a tube, but I know it'd be hard to find a good tube amp under 500$ I like to play classic rock like Van Halen and new stuff like Muse, RATM and QOTSA. It'll be mosly for practice, but since this will be my only amp it should be able to do small gigs... Thanks.
Look at the B-52 AT-112. I'm sure you can find a good tube amp for $500. If you're willing to go used you could get something even better.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
For 500 bux, you could get a Valveking as mentioned before and an overdrive pedal. The 112 version doesn't really have enough gain by itself to do Van Halen (unless you use the gain/volume boost buttons, in which case it can) I don't know about the 212 version, though.

Some other amps you might look at:

Peavey Classic 30 + overdrive
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Traynor YCV50 Blue
B-52 AT112
Bugera 6262 (A 5150 clone which is supposedly more versatile)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There is a sale for 18 and 33watt crate amps. I know Crate isn't the best...but 150 bucks for a new class A 18 watt tube amp is quite the deal. The sale is at MF and GC...if your interested. There is a thread about this already going.

If the OP is looking to spend all of that 500 and get a decent amp...might want to get a Classic 30. They can be found for under budget in used condition.
Quote by FireandFlames
Classic 30 like everyone else has said, but maybe a used Mesa F-series as well?

+1093812904 to the Mesa F-Series. Could definitely eBay a 30 combo for that if you looked hard enough.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
I would think a used 5150 would work too. The B-52, F-30 and YCV50Blue are worth a test drive. Try before you buy obviously.
Quote by Khit
I would like a tube, but I know it'd be hard to find a good tube amp under 500$

I got my Mesa F-30 for $475 (including shipping) off ebay, and id like you to tell me that its not a good tube amp Trust me its not hard, just takes some researching and a little bit of time.
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
Quote by jetsrule281
I got my Mesa F-30 for $475 (including shipping) off ebay, and id like you to tell me that its not a good tube amp Trust me its not hard, just takes some researching and a little bit of time.

I'm confused. You don't like you're mesa?
My god what is it with you people and the Classic 30s!??!?! They're not the end all and be all of tube amps. I've owned one and they will not do Muse/Van Halen/Rage well. If you use an overdrive, you can get a similiar amount of gain but nowhere near as close and nowhere near the same voicing. Stop with the bandwagon suggestions.

As far as my suggestions go, I'd say try a JCM 800 combo. I use a TS808 with mine and it should work fine for what you're playing.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
My god what is it with you people and the Classic 30s!??!?! They're not the end all and be all of tube amps. I've owned one and they will not do Muse/Van Halen/Rage well. If you use an overdrive, you can get a similiar amount of gain but nowhere near as close and nowhere near the same voicing. Stop with the bandwagon suggestions.

As far as my suggestions go, I'd say try a JCM 800 combo. I use a TS808 with mine and it should work fine for what you're playing.

Hence the Mesa F-30 I suggested.
Quote by end_citizen

I believe he means its not hard to find a used one for cheap.
Quote by end_citizen

No, i love it! The topic starter said its hard to find a good tube amp under $500. Im saying that i got it for $475 and its by no means a bad tube amp. Therefore, i found a good tube amp for under $500

^Thank you lemon
Schecter Blackjack
Mesa F-30
Line 6 Verbzilla
Bad Monkey
FAB Chorus
Quote by FireandFlames
Hence the Mesa F-30 I suggested.

That was a good suggestion btw.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Of course the JCM will sound better! But the TS asked for an amp under 500 bucks. Your not going to find a JCM800 combo for under that - unless it is trassshhhedd!

Quote by VoodooCow229