I currently own a fender stratocaster with 3 EMG single-coil active pickups. I love my strat. But I am looking for a humbucker guitar that gives me a good crunch that the single coils dont give me. I was looking around and I found the Fender Jaguar HH. I really like the looks but I want to hear about the tone of them. DO they give me a nice crunch? I ask this because I looked several videos of them up on youtube but i cant find a video that demonstrates the crunch you can get with a humbucker, I dont know if it's just the players in the videos not demonstrating the crunch or if its the different circuit switch things that change the tone of the humbuckers. Should I go out of my way to try and find some store where i can try one of these? Or should i keep looking?
of course you should try for yourself, im looking for one too but cant find any!

aparently the jaguar hh is great for strat players looking for a bit more bite
Are we talking the new MIM jags or the HH specials (the black ones),

I dont know much on the new ones, they look like decent all around guitars, you should get a good crunch.

But stay 300000 million miles away from the HH specials. Theyre wank in every form of the word.
I was kind of deciding between the Black one with the covered humbuckers and the Classic Player one with the split coil humbuckers. Is there much of a difference in the tone between the two?
Last edited by willisgryphon at Aug 14, 2008,
These are some niiiiiiiice guitars. This is usually the thing I go for whenever I go to GC to try out stuff.
Quote by willisgryphon
I was kind of deciding between the Black one with the covered humbuckers and the Classic Player one with the split coil humbuckers. Is there much of a difference in the tone between the two?

I think the classic player is more based of the CIJ and USA model jags, which would be a much better choice, without the worries of the bridge, string tension etc. try it out, id put money on the classic player being a much better guitar than the HH special.

Mainly because it doesnt take much. Terrible guitar, terrible pickups, neck is sticky and huge, the hardwares cheap, the general feel of the guitar is pretty poor, it has nothing on the CIJ or MIA jag.
^Very true.

Anyways if you want to pick between the two apparently the Classic Player model has coil taps and such for its humbuckers, I'm not sure if the Black Jaguar HH has the same features but just throwing that out there.
You guys are lucky, the closest music shop to me is 20 miles away and is a small family run one. Best guitars are Epiphones and the occasional Fender but not my thing. They let you try guitars, but only if your serious about buying one. If you ask to try anything they see you as a pain in the arse. Wish we had Guitar Centre
RULE BRITANNIA
I think the HH Jaguar completely defeats the purpose of getting a Jaguar, but that's just me. I'd recommend a Les Paul or an RG or something if you want HH.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
almost positive he's talking about this one

which is a great guitar, I don't like black guitars atall, but if it came in white, it'd be my next guitar.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
almost positive he's talking about this one

which is a great guitar, I don't like black guitars atall, but if it came in white, it'd be my next guitar.

D= But, no, its not...
I heard that they aren't the greatest, due to parts dieing after like a year. I was gonna try one today, but I picked up a Gibson LP Custom instead, and I never looked back at the Jaguar.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Ippon

I just came all over myself.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.