I saw this guitar at a local music shop a few days ago... And I need it
This

I didn't really get to play it as I just went for strings and wanted to get back home, but it was 399$ I know acrylics don't usually have good tone, but what would I have to do with it to get it to sound decent? (I know acrylics will never sound the same as wood, but that's not always a bad thing)
Last edited by Khit at Aug 14, 2008,
Change out the pickups probably, and play it thru a good amp. Theres really nothing you can do to the body itself, so its down to the electronics really.
I never thought they sounded bright, but that is probably due to the awful pickups. It was about as clear as mud when I tried one. Plus it was heavy. Maybe it would clear up with better pickups, who knows. I knew a friend though who bought one and dropped. The one corner outright broke off and cracked. They seem pretty fragile. I think you can do better for the price.
doesn't robb from machine head play 1 of these?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Switch the pickups out for EMGs and it'll sound like every other EMG equipped guitar ever, that'd be acceptable I guess.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That'd be perfect! ANy reccomendations on emg's? I'd guess 81 and 85 Humbucking active pickup...
Quote by Khit
That'd be perfect! ANy reccomendations on emg's? I'd guess 81 and 85 Humbucking active pickup...

Just about any combination would do but I've never heard of someone using a 60 in the bridge so that's something to think about.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.