hey. i need some help with getting a new amp. Im looking at a Peavey Valveking 212 and a Marshall dsl 401 but dont know which to get to or if theres any better amps for the price. the most i can spend on an amp is £450-£460. I mainly play rock and stuff like Guns N Roses but also play some hard rock. I am looking to get an amp that can do do gigs and still sound good when turned up. Any suggestions?
DSL 401 sounds pretty good, great overdrive and suprisingly good cleans, their simple to use too
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Allot of people dont like the dsl401 (majority of them are just bandwagoners) I will say the price is not fair for the product you get, but after replacing the speakers and swapping out the tubes the amp will be a good versatile giggin machine. Just like its big brother its a jack of all trades and master of nothing.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
a used orange amp sounds like a plan (= cheers
could 30 watts valve handle quite small gigs?
Last edited by Foo Fighters!! at Aug 15, 2008,
Easily, I own the rocker 30 and I can't turn it past 4 without my ears starting to ring...
cant seem to find a used orange amp anywhere in my price range so im open for any suggestions for amps in the price range i mentioned at the top.
the laney is an option but i tryed one out at the shop and it sounded harsh. does all of these amps sound harsh? might have been the one off
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
cant seem to find a used orange amp anywhere in my price range so im open for any suggestions for amps in the price range i mentioned at the top.

Quote by 666_Pounder
Buy my Rocker 30

Dude!
yeah i am kinda interested in your amp 666_pounder, but i need to know how oldthe amp is instuff first please. pictures would be good. but i do like emma watson though man
Its all in the thread man, I've had it for a year and a half this month. I don't know when It was made but its not old, I imagine a few months before I bought it.
wow thats nice man. how long away do you live from preston? i dont think i would be able to travel a really long way.
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
wow thats nice man. how long away do you live from preston? i dont think i would be able to travel a really long way.

I'll have a look when I'm at home tomorrow, my step sister lives there so its not a huge distance, I might be able to meet somewhere.