Ok, due to the fact that it's made frome alder, the same kind expensive Fenders are made out of, would this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-102545738-i1146349.gc sound great when modded with Fender '57/'62's?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Aug 14, 2008,
So, what can I do about that, and what's wrong with it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I don't see why not
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Would it sound similar to a 50s Classic Players modded with the same pickups?
Quote by chip46
What I want is this tone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVA0ODWaQBs , I'm getting the amp, but the guitar matters, too. He modded the 50s Classic Players like I said, and if the guitar is good, the Squier, it'll sound like the '57 Vintage RI, right? So will this Squier?
Quote by chip46
There's nothing wrong with Affinity or standard series strats for the money - and there is certainly nothing wrong with the necks.

It's not going to be Fender quality - if you want that, pay Fender prices, so make sure you play the one you are going to buy, but with new pickups and electrics, an upgrade to locking tuners (I used Sperzels) and a graphtec nut, it'd be a very playable guitar with pretty good tuning stability. I play mine about as much as I play my MIA Telecaster, the neck isn't quite as nice as the Tele, but it's not a million miles away.
What about the tone, though?
Quote by chip46
The tone of mine is great, but I haven't put any of the pickups your talking about in it, so I can't comment.
Oh, so this may work?
Quote by chip46
Ok.
Quote by chip46