There's a Sauna at my local YMCA and I've never been in it. I was thinking about it but I wanted to know what the point was like if there were any benefits.

Does it help you lose weight or anything?
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
You go in there and have hot gay secks.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It makes you sweat, which supposedly releases toxins stored in your sweat.

I personally think thats a load of bull****, having a private sauna is just a great excuse for sitting in a small room with sweaty girls in bikinis.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
yeah it does actually. this is what boxers or UFC fighters use to cut weight, they go in a sauna with layers of clothes to cut weight. Although I dont think your YMCA would allow that. They cleans your skin, refreshes you, and is overall awesome. FYI, homemade saunas are 1 billion times better.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
it's great to sit in the heat with a couple of friends with a cold beer and just relax.
the warmth (sp?) feels... good in some strange way

EDIT:

Quote by NotAGuitarHero
It makes you sweat, which supposedly releases toxins stored in your sweat.

I personally think thats a load of bull****, having a private sauna is just a great excuse for sitting in a small room with sweaty girls in bikinis.

only shy bastards use bikinis/ swimming pants.

REAL men sit in the sauna nude (WITHOUT being gay!)
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Aug 14, 2008,
It's culture.
Sitting in a hot sauna with cold beer and talking a scandinavian language. Life is good.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
My main heritage is Finnish, so it's culture. I love the sauna.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I'm guessing it's not the greatest weight loss technique, but it's supposed to be good for the skin, and it's relaxing, and a great way to spend time with scantily clad girls.
if you go in after exercising for a while, the steam releases the toxins that have built up in your muscles from all that work, and you lose a couple of pounds that has built up over the course of your session. apparently...
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Quote by Grönis
It's culture.
Sitting in a hot sauna with cold beer and talking a scandinavian language. Life is good.

Jaaaaaa!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Haggard13
yeah it does actually. this is what boxers or UFC fighters use to cut weight, they go in a sauna with layers of clothes to cut weight. Although I dont think your YMCA would allow that. They cleans your skin, refreshes you, and is overall awesome. FYI, homemade saunas are 1 billion times better.

Do they do it to just lose water weight? I can understand maximizing your muscle to body mass ratio to try to gain an advantage over the rest in your weight class, but saunas don't cause you to lose any long-term weight, do they?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by darkstar2466
You go in there and have hot gay secks.

That actually sounds pretty nice, I'm actually gay :P And that does seem pretty hott.

But anyways, that's not the point. I was just wondering what benefits there were from it or if it was just to relax.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by Haggard13

As far as I know, that's only water weight, which would be regained very shortly.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
As far as I know, that's only water weight, which would be regained very shortly.

yeah, i was about to say that, its actually unhealthy to lose that weight. Its the same reason people work out outside during the summer in sweats so the momentarily lose weight untill they drink more water
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by cap'n curry
yeah, i was about to say that, its actually unhealthy to lose that weight. Its the same reason people work out outside during the summer in sweats so the momentarily lose weight untill they drink more water

It's not unhealthy. It's just pointless.

You lose a lot of weight really fast, but only for like 1 hour...