Interested in hearing opinions on their lower-end amps. I've looked at a few and was not impressed in the least. The nobs seemed flaky and cheap. A couple of the floor models I looked at had issues with the power buttons and nobs (a lot of crackling).

I understand you get what you pay for, but other comparable amps seem to have better construction and ruggedness.

Are there any particular Vox models that are higher quality build-wise, or is this just the way they all are?
when i was working at this one music shop, we had a few of these come back during the first deployment due to the electronics freezing up or glitching out.. i'm pretty sure most of that has been fixed now.

as far as components go tho, i don't think there are too many complaints about them.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Nothing to really contribute here, other than I am curious also, as I might look at buying a vox amp in the future.

But Kivarenn, your sig is kind of ironic don't you think?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I own a Da5 . I cant really compare it to much. The amp itself is pretty nice. Chicken head knobs, sure maybe I could pull them up, but I resist the urge and I turn them correctly.

The back has a Velcro wood panel. And wires are nicely exposed where you put the batteries in. I haven't had any problems, it gets the job done.

The speaker itself is pretty decent. The sound is interesting. it does sound digital tho, especially if you turn off the reverb but Overall its not a bad amp by any means. The amp models are not That different but they do offer some nice variation. overall i give the build quality a 8.5/10 or possibly a 9.5/10 and I give the sound a 8.5/10 possibly 9/10 but I could also give it a 7.5 / 10 but that would be a bit harsh seeing as leprechauns don't exist, and they don't pop out of the amp. Not quite enough voicing difference on each model, although it is pretty impressive. Certainly the hybrid valve in the ADVT must help the sound. Overall decent build quality, but its not like much of it is Hand wired or anything.

Whats the ADVT like? also to thread stater, for the price its a rather decent amp. but im looking forward to improvements in the future.
Quote by slidething31
Nothing to really contribute here, other than I am curious also, as I might look at buying a vox amp in the future.

But Kivarenn, your sig is kind of ironic don't you think?

say .. you wouldn't be trying to 'pwn' me would you?

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'm happy with the DA 20. Looks good, never a problem.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD