Hey i need some help from the european contingent of the pit today.

i'm planning on moving to europe (england or switzerland) after i'm done my first degree and before i get my masters. and while i'm there i'm going to need a job (to survive) so my question is this, i am a canadian citizen, but i also maintain italian citizenship. so given that italy doesn't get kicked out of the union in the next few years could i get a job in the union given my citizenship?

also for you aussies...

i was considering moving there too, and since i'm part of the commonwealth along with australia, could i easily work there too?

or will i need a working visa in both cases.

THANKS.
Quote by saphrax
On Australia: You could easily get a 417 working holiday visa, which you can get for up to 2 years.

On the UK: Depends what country your passport comes from.

i have a canadian and an italian passport.
I work with a canadian guy and he had to apply for British residancy just like anyone else in the world would.

Italy is not going to leave the EU. This makes no difference to whether or not you'll be able to find work there.

Being from the commonwealth does not increase or decrease your chances of gaining residency in a country, especially britain.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I work with a canadian guy and he had to apply for British residancy just like anyone else in the world would.

Italy is not going to leave the EU. This makes no difference to whether or not you'll be able to find work there.

Being from the commonwealth does not increase or decrease your chances of gaining residency in a country, especially britain.

ah alright thanks a lot man.

and there has actually been a lot of talk about italy getting kicked out of the union because their economy is so weak that they are effecting the value of the euro

they have an election every two years is isn't a surprise that they can't get a decent economy going.
Quote by tona_107
i have a canadian and an italian passport.

its part of the eu so you dont have a problem dude

my inlaws moved to canada from the Uk and that was a different bloody story. what a nightmare they spent 9 months unemployed because some dilweed sent their visas to the airport on their arrival but didnt tell them.
Quote by Phazer
its part of the eu so you dont have a problem dude

my inlaws moved to canada from the Uk and that was a different bloody story. what a nightmare they spent 9 months unemployed because some dilweed sent their visas to the airport on their arrival but didnt tell them.

so i won't have to apply for a visa?
Quote by tona_107
so i won't have to apply for a visa?
If you have Italian citizenship then you won't need a permit to work in the UK.
Quote by smb
If you have Italian citizenship then you won't need a permit to work in the UK.

ah thank you man. i have been trying to find information online and it's impossible.

anyone know about australia?