Page 1 of 3
I just got a phone call from my grandmother hysterical saying she has altzeimers because she couldn't remember our address. I know most of you won't care, but I just had to vent.

Any of you have similar experiences? How fast did it take for it to progress with your family/friends?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Sorry... who are you again? What?

Edit:
Quote by tkajr7

AHHAAH
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Lots of old people forget stuff, it doesn't mean they have a full-blown syndrome or anything. Does she forget other stuff? Maybe look up what Altzeimers is and then you can see whether she really has it.
Wait... So she thinks she has alzheimer's because she can't remember your address? Are you sure she actually has it?

Quote by tkajr7

SORRY. THEY MADE ME DO IT

haha I literally burst out laughing... Holy ****...

Ahem... Sorry.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by rigiddigits
Lots of old people forget stuff, it doesn't mean they have a full-blown syndrome or anything. Does she forget other stuff? Maybe look up what Altzeimers is and then you can see whether she really has it.

Yeah, she forgot where her doctor was when she was driving so she had to call a taxi and get him to drive her there. I don't know maybe she doesn't but she was hysterical and my mom was hysterical too. I didn't think this through at all...

EDIT: Wait no she forgot she went back to Columbia for college and she also forgot which college my Mom went to, and she also forgot what her article about antrhopology was about, which was like her life's work. She also repeats things over and over. For example, "Oh I have to show you this photo." Five minutes later, "Oh did I show you the photo?" Five minutes later, "Oh did I show you the photo?"
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Last edited by StrokeMidnight at Aug 14, 2008,
May be she is just forget ful,

but its a horrible disease I hope she doesnt have it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

HA! sigg'd

thats effin brilliant.

and TS chill, lots of old people forget stuff
Quote by Diet_coke_head

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Diet_coke_head

Too far.

Go steal her stuff! She won't miss it.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
My granddad has it
Its kind of weird but least he's content with life.
Though we thinks me and my twin are girls.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Absent Mind
May be she is just forget ful,

but its a horrible disease I hope she doesnt have it.

yeah, just cuz she can't remember you're address doesn't mean she has altszeimers. i don't know anyone's address except my own. i use an address book for that. a lot of old people just get forgetful.

edit: she can remember your phone number that's good enough evidence for me that she doesn't have it. if you are really concerned about her, have her see a doc

edit #2: nevermind i just saw your other post
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Last edited by cap'n curry at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Yeah, she forgot where her doctor was when she was driving so she had to call a taxi and get him to drive her there. I don't know maybe she doesn't but she was hysterical and my mom was hysterical too. I didn't think this through at all...

EDIT: Wait no she forgot she went back to Columbia for college and she also forgot which college my Mom went to, and she also forgot what her article about antrhopology was about, which was like her life's work. She also repeats things over and over. For example, "Oh I have to show you this photo." Five minutes later, "Oh did I show you the photo?" Five minutes later, "Oh did I show you the photo?"
Huh. She should go see her doctor if she's worried because frankly the stress of not knowing what's the matter will be more harmful to her.
Quote by MV4824
It's rude to make fun of a terrible disease.

For ****s sake...

i didnt mean to be mean. but it doesnt sound like she has alz. because how would she remember who to call at what number???
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by MV4824

For ****s sake...

At least she didn't get AIDS because then it would be worse when people laughed at her illness.
Quote by Silverstein14
I was gunna post "I may have Alzheimer's but atleast I don't have Alzheimer's" but that bastard beat me too it.

sorry
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by MV4824

For ****s sake...

Oh hey, you must be new here...

Quote by tkajr7
i didnt mean to be mean. but it doesnt sound like she has alz. because how would she remember who to call at what number???

Alzheimers victims don't forget EVERYTHING..
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
My grandma had it and, although it's quite an unfortunate illness, it's one of the funniest. I used to have long hair, and she died thinking my dad had two daughters... funny as ****.
Quote by MV4824
Ever heard of karma? You are going to be ****ed some day.

I'm pretty sure there are very few Buddhists or Hindus here at UG. It's like telling an atheist that they are going to hell.
My uncle has alzheimers(sp?), and my Mom is at very high risk for it. Condolences man, I know how you feel.
At least she only has ALTzeimers. Once she gets CTRLzeimers and DELzeimers she'll start over completely and then be a baby. It sucks when you grandma turns into a baby. (Ask me how I know)

(It's Alzheimers)
Quote by MV4824
Ha, I've lurked since 05'..

I don't buy into the whole "The Pit is a terrible place, and if your new here we will change you into one of us!"

It's terrible to make fun of diseases, ever heard of karma? I used to be idiotic and careless like half of the people in this thread... now I have a stomach disease.

Sucks to be you!

*penis falls off*

...crap.
Quote by MV4824
Ha, I've lurked since 05'..

I don't buy into the whole "The Pit is a terrible place, and if your new here we will change you into one of us!"

It's terrible to make fun of diseases, ever heard of karma? I used to be idiotic and careless like half of the people in this thread... now I have a stomach disease.

Congratulations.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

i may have altziemers, but at least i dont hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

Wow, has the Pit always been this bad when someone comes here with a serious family emergency? I'm sickened.
Quote by Nims
At least she only has ALTzeimers. Once she gets CTRLzeimers and DELzeimers she'll start over completely and then be a baby. It sucks when you grandma turns into a baby. (Ask me how I know)

(It's Alzheimers)

ohai little sig.
I seriously want to know, what's so funny about making jokes about terrible things? If you're trying to piss me off it's not working I really don't care about your jokes and if you're just making jokes to get other people to laugh well it's pretty immature.
Quote by RedDeath9
Why am I laughing?

God, I'm a horrible person...

Meh.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

You know actually it finally hit me, most of the time I just ignore the rude comments like these...but I just thought, why do I want to associate myself with these types of people you think that it's ok because it's just the internet, but what if you saw someone come out of the hospital crying because they have AIDS and then you saw a bunch of people run up to them and say "Haha you have AIDS" would you just ignore it?

I think this is my last post in the pit for a long time I'm gonna hang out at the other forums.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
You know actually it finally hit me, most of the time I just ignore the rude comments like these...but I just thought, why do I want to associate myself with these types of people you think that it's ok because it's just the internet, but what if you saw someone come out of the hospital crying because they have AIDS and then you saw a bunch of people run up to them and say "Haha you have AIDS" would you just ignore it?

I think this is my last post in the pit for a long time I'm gonna hang out at the other forums.

Me too. Fuck this game, and once agian TS, sorry about your situation.
Quote by Diet_coke_head

No.

Anyway, my grandma has altzhiemers too, so I totally feel for you man. It's relatively mild right now, but she still has a lot of trouble. She's also in denail.
I'm a person.
Quote by captainoid
Wow, has the Pit always been this bad when someone comes here with a serious family emergency? I'm sickened.

Yes, for at least the past couple of years. It's nothing compared to /b/, though.
Page 1 of 3