okay so long story short, i dont like the pickups in my 7 string and would like to get a new set which are similar to the vintage 59 and power rails by GFS that i have in my les paul as i think they sound awsome, so basicaly i need some advice on what major pickup makers like seymour duncan and models that are similar to the GFS power rails and are available in 7 string, i figured the 59 will just be a duncan 59, but i cant find anywhere any pickup that would sound like the power rails and is available in 7 string, so any ideas ?

that was a mush basicaly if you didnt understand it ask haha

also the combo i have in the guitar already are a dimarzio X2N and blaze, i dont need advice on making them sound better just opiniions on which other brand pickup sounds like a GFS power rails
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
So basically you want a 7 string pickup that sounds similar to a Vintage 59 GFS, right?
yeah, well i want one thats similar to the GFS power rails
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
yeah, well i want one thats similar to the GFS power rails

O. haha your post was pretty confusing.
http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/ click on 7 string in the bottom right hand corner

The dimarzio PAF 7is the same as the 59', and the X2N 7 is the same as the power rails, pretty much. they are more expensive though, and will likely sound a bit better than the GHS as such, assuming both guitars are built equally.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
The same pickups also sound completely different in a different guitar so what's in the Les Paul isn't a great indicator of what's good for the 7 string. Also lots of pickups don't come in a 7-string model.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ i already have the X2N and i dont like it, too weak and muddy for my tastes, or could that be the fact that im comparing a basswood guitar to a mahogany one ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
nobody else knows the answer ?
ive been recomended a BKP painkiller and another i cant remember the name of
but can you recommend me any others ? basically a super output rail pickup for 7 string ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I have the Power Rails in one of my Strats that made out of fake Mahogany, man it sounds incredible. I just got done playing it, in fact. The body is super bright compared to Honduran Mahogany, so its definitely fake. I would say its on par with Maple's tone.

So there you go, Power Rails sounds great in a heavy guitar, sounds great in a light guitar.

I hope you find something like it for your 7 string.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music