SO I'm really getting into jazz/fusion lately. I love stuff like Pat Metheny, Allan Holdsworth, John Scofield, Mahavishnu Orchestra, that kind of stuff. I wanna start learning stuff on guitar to broaden my playing, so can you guys suggest some fusion albums for noobies of the genre to learn?
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
well like you said john scofield i love his album bump a very solid album and this meets thats by john scofield is pretty good
out louder by medeski scofield martin and wood is another great album with him with medeski martin and wood you might wanna check them out even tho they dont have a guitarist you can jam with them etc..

not sure if this is what you were looking for but w/e
Quote by fudger
well like you said john scofield i love his album bump a very solid album and this meets thats by john scofield is pretty good
out louder by medeski scofield martin and wood is another great album with him with medeski martin and wood you might wanna check them out even tho they dont have a guitarist you can jam with them etc..

not sure if this is what you were looking for but w/e

Out Louder is great but I think A Go Go was all around better. That being said, Tequila and Chocolate is definitely my favorite track off of those two albums.

Also, check out some of Billy Cobham's solo stuff and Miles' fusion albums like In a Silent Way and Bitches Brew. Emergency! by the Tony Williams Lifetime is good. Really anything with John McLaughlin. Return to Forever is another popular fusion band but I'm not a big fan of Al di Meola. Their early stuff is good though.
Last edited by jim morrison714 at Aug 16, 2008,
For regular Jazz Guitar, The Artistry of Wes Montgomery.

For some... Avante Garde/Post Bop/Modal kind of stuff, Jim Hall-Dialogues.

And The Derek Trucks Band.
well if your into mahavishnu like birds of fire, etc., i would recommend JEFF BECK, JEFF BECK, JEFF BECK, they were one of his main jazz influences.