Which of those two Deans would you choose? I sold my FBD because it was right handed and I'm a lefty, so I was sick of all the troubles stringing it upside down. I just came to notice they sell a left-handed version of the FBD and the razorback explosion, I know the razorback might have a tad bit better specs, but the FBD is a well known tribute, and might not be seen as much, which would you go for?
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
They're both horribly overpriced and inextricably linking to a dead man whose corpse has been commercially raped.

Out of those two i'd go with the FBD though; much preferable in every way to any Razorback which are even more overpriced.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you pointed a shotgun loaded with shells coated in superAIDS and made me choose...

...neither, I'm not paying Dean that much for what I'd get
ohai little sig.
I'd get the FBD personally. I think the flames are lame.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
They're both horribly overpriced and inextricably linking to a dead man whose corpse has been commercially raped.

Out of those two i'd go with the FBD though; much preferable in every way to any Razorback which are even more overpriced.

Oh, STFU.

FBD was made when he was alive so, don't start. Yes, we know that Dean uses his name a bit so, we don't need to be reminded every minute.

I would use buy FBD ML, BTW.

Another note, will people stop giving Dean cheap shots every minute because they do still make some great guitars but like every guitar company they have a major flaw about them.
Last edited by The Behemoth at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by The Behemoth
Oh, STFU.

FBD was made when he was alive so, don't start. Yes, we know that Dean uses his name a bit so, we don't need to be reminded every minute.

No, before he died he had A signature model.

Then he died and all of a sudden there are 33 different "Dime tribute" models and Dean Zelinsky leaves the company because he's "unhappy with the direction it's taking".

Dean are raping Dime's legacy. End of.

Even if that wasn't an issue they're still overpriced and I wouldn't buy one.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I still think Dean guitars are great. I admit they are expensive, but I really like the look and the feel of them, I couldn't imagine the world without ML's, but obviously many of y'all could, lol. I'm glad all the people responded with FBD, thanks, that's all I needed.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, before he died he had A signature model.

Then he died and all of a sudden there are 33 different "Dime tribute" models and Dean Zelinsky leaves the company because he's "unhappy with the direction it's taking".

Dean are raping Dime's legacy. End of.

Even if that wasn't an issue they're still overpriced and I wouldn't buy one.

Like I said before we all know they are raping the name, we don't need it to be repeated every minute.

I think that people would live if you didn't buy a Dean and anyways, this thread isn't about you, it is about TS. BTW, The FBD MLs are signature guitar which 98% of all signature models are all overpriced because of the name on them.

Get your facts straight because Dean made quite a few signature models for Dime when he was alive.

Dean from Hell CFH
Dime-O-Flame
FBD ML
Dean Dime Shadow M

and others
Last edited by The Behemoth at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by The Behemoth
I think that people would live if you didn't buy a Dean and anyways, this thread isn't about you, it is about TS.

TS asked for opinions and the post seemed to imply that the connection with Dime had something to do with which one he would choose; I gave my opinion on Dean in general and then even though I dislike Dean guitars in general said which one I'd choose. You jumped down my neck about it so don't go getting all high and mighty.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
TS asked for opinions and the post seemed to imply that the connection with Dime had something to do with which one he would choose; I gave my opinion on Dean in general and then even though I dislike Dean guitars in general said which one I'd choose. You jumped down my neck about it so don't go getting all high and mighty.

No sir, I was just correcting you and giving you facts which you sometimes lacked.

I'm sorry if it feel that I gave you the third degree, but you have to understand it gets annoying when people jump on the bandwagon and straight off the bat paint a bad name for a company they never even tried. Example, the UG Line 6 hate days.
Quote by The Behemoth
No sir, I was just correcting you and giving you facts which you sometimes lacked.

I'm sorry if it feel that I gave you the third degree, but you have to understand it gets annoying when people jump on the bandwagon and straight off the bat paint a bad name for a company they never even tried. Example, the UG Line 6 hate days.

No, you weren't; your first post just jumped to the defense of a, quite frankly, indefensible company. I make a point of never speaking on a subject which I know nothing about anyway; I may have been slightly wrong about Dime having 4 signature models before he died but that is absolutely no comparison to 33 anyway (and there are 33, I've counted). Maybe if they were a little more like Krank I'd have more sympathy; they're not profiteering from a dead man.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, you weren't; your first post just jumped to the defense of a, quite frankly, indefensible company. I make a point of never speaking on a subject which I know nothing about anyway; I may have been slightly wrong about Dime having 4 signature models before he died but that is absolutely no comparison to 33 anyway (and there are 33, I've counted). Maybe if they were a little more like Krank I'd have more sympathy; they're not profiteering from a dead man.

"I'm sorry if it feel that I gave you the third degree"

I don't know what is not to understand from that post? I'm not really defending the company but I'm defending most of the great Dean guitars that I have play that are getting moshed into this Dean makes crap guitars rap. I didn't deny the fact they are milking his name and what is your point on counting the models? Like I said about 4 times already, I already know they are MILKING HIS NAME.

This was your statement "No, before he died he had A signature model." and I corrected you with the most notable 3 that are on the market that he used when he was alive. I'm not asking for sympathy for Dean. I just want you to not just write them off as they only make **** guitars when they make some great guitars as well.
No single person can change opinions on the Dean company as a whole. If they were insanely great guitars or horrible junk guitars, everybody would know that if that were the case, but in my opinion, every guitar company has some great stuff and some iffy stuff. I've noticed many people get mad that so many people have interest in Dime related stuff, but hell, he's that popular for a damn good reason.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Dean guitars suck /thread
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by bloodycomfort
No single person can change opinions on the Dean company as a whole. If they were insanely great guitars or horrible junk guitars, everybody would know that if that were the case, but in my opinion, every guitar company has some great stuff and some iffy stuff. I've noticed many people get mad that so many people have interest in Dime related stuff, but hell, he's that popular for a damn good reason.

Like most artists his popularity increased exponentially when he died; there's nothing to increase revenue like martyrdom.

The thing is that Dean is the only company that exploit it to this degree; everyone else just has the same custom/signature stuff they did before he died.

Anyway, I'm done with this: I don't like Dean guitars anyway.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Two different necks. You should play both before you make your choice.

FBD is a C neck and the Razorback is a V.
They also feel a bit different when you play sitting down. If you haven't played an ML or Razorback before, then it might take some getting use too.
WOO! Immature flamers--PARTY AT BLOODYCOMFORT'S THREAD!

Seriously, guys. It's not your guitar. Go be all noble and righteous by saving the world from crappy guitars in a thread where it's welcome.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Quote by cloudjessie42
Dean guitars suck /thread

Do you speak for the whole world? or do you speak for the guy short on rent in the basement?

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
Do you speak for the whole world? or do you speak for the guy short on rent in the basement that masturbates to Tom Morello?

fix'd
Quote by The Behemoth
fix'd

That works just as well. I'd like to say that there's no point in posting in this thread anymore. I'm going with the FBD, regardless if you love or hate Dean, although I do enjoy reading the flamework of Behemoth XD.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
The Washburn Dime's were better than anything Dean is making nowadays if you ask... One piece bodies, great trems, nice pickups, some of them even had the Buzz Feiten system IIRC. I had one that was very well made aside from the so-so finish.
Quote by CJRocker
The Washburn Dime's were better than anything Dean is making nowadays if you ask... One piece bodies, great trems, nice pickups, some of them even had the Buzz Feiten system IIRC. I had one that was very well made aside from the so-so finish.

Yeah, just being left-handed totally crushes my range in what is available to me, you know. There are like $399.99 Washburns that are insanely sexy, too bad they are all righty.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Yeah man, I love the FBD. The neck is much better in my opinion, as the V necks are very awkward to get used to. That and the body shape are truly the only differences between the 2 guitars. I would look for a used one maybe, due to the fact that it would be cheaper.
the razorback is uncomfortable but has better sustain. the fbd is for more traditional ml looks, but acess to upper frets when played with a low strap is **** with a capital S
stop putting down deans, people hu slag deans are those hu focus on images on the internet and not from experience. Best guitar ive played was a dime o flame, graphic looked like **** up close but the sound, feel and balls that guitar had was amazing.

Id ask the question, what would i rather have, an ML or a Razorback, prob the ml for me, cause they are extremly comfortable. but either way, they are both gonna look great in your eyes, just go for teh one you want at the time. To put it this way, you wont be dissapointed when you get either in your hands.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!