this guitar;

Its a flying V copy, unbranded. Cant find a sticker or marking on there anywhere.

I'm planning to sand it down to the wood and see what it looks like. If the wood isnt too nice or its not what i'm looking for, i'm gonna paint it white and put on a really cool pickguard.

Heres the thing. When i sand it down, will i be able to find any markings there? Or if i take the neck off? Would just like to know what it is really

Gonna buy a Gibson truss rod cover anyway, just so my mates who know nearly **** all about guitars think its great :P

I'm getting the guitar, a spare set of strings, an amp cable, two straps and a really nice properly padded gigbag for £50!!

You cant go wrong really. Neck is perfectly straight, so i imagine with new strings and maybe new tuners it'll stay in tune well too

Any other worthy upgrades to the guitar?
Pickups are okay for now.

Thanks

(Post opinions btw)
three things
check if its bolt on neck
if its not check the headstock see what it says
because i have a feeling since i cant see its either epi, gibson, or if im thinking they look like what i think they looked like it could be an old 80s ESP or LTD if im correct in their original v shapes
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I've been and played it, and theres nothing on the headstock or anywhere. Im pretty sure its bolt on, it has one of those neck plates like on fenders.
well then i wouldnt get that gibson cover if its bolt on then people will know its not a real gibson (if they know their guitars if they dont have fun tortureing your firends with it )
i wouldnt really sand down the guitar to see what the wood is waste of time imo, if you like how it sounds i dont think it really mater what the wood is for right now anyways
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I will at some point do it cos i would like to do some kind of a light project. And a white V would look goooood